HR at Pioneer Financial & Management Services Ltd.
Views:772 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Data Scientist - R/Python/SQL (7-16 yrs)
Role: Data Scientist (8-15 Years of Experience)
Support delivery of one or more data science use cases, leading on data discovery and model building activities
- Conceptualize and quickly build POC on new product ideas - should be willing to work as an individual contributor
- Open to learn, implement newer tools\products
- Experiment & identify best methods\techniques, algorithms for analytical problems
- Operationalize - Work closely with the engineering, infrastructure, service management and business teams to operationalize use cases
Essential Skills :
- Minimum 4-7 years of hands-on experience with statistical software tools: SQL, R, Python
- 3+ years- experience in business analytics, forecasting or business planning with emphasis on analytical modeling, quantitative reasoning and metrics reporting
- Experience working with large data sets in order to extract business insights or build predictive models
- Proficiency in one or more statistical tools/languages - Python, Scala, R, SPSS or SAS and related packages like Pandas, SciPy/Scikit-learn, NumPy etc.
- Good data intuition / analysis skills; sql, plsql knowledge must
- Manage and transform variety of datasets to cleanse, join, aggregate the datasets
- Hands-on experience running in running various methods like Regression, Random forest, k-NN, k-Means, boosted trees, SVM, Neural Network, text mining, NLP, statistical modelling, data mining, exploratory data analysis, statistics (hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics)
- Industry experience in building and operationalizing various machine and deep learning models in finance/other domain would advantage
- Deep domain (BFSI, Manufacturing, Auto, Airlines, Supply Chain, Retail & CPG) knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints while delivering incremental value.
- Education Minimum a Masters in Statistics, or PhD in domains linked to applied statistics, applied physics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision etc.
Desirable Skills (not must)
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders and convert abstract ideas into actionable requirements
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, Azure ML, TensorFlow
- Hands on experience and understanding of Big Data ecosystem with technologies like Spark/PySpark, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive etc. with unix scripting. Knowledge around NoSQL technologies would be an added advantage.
- Out of the box thinking to solve real world problems
- Should be able to juggle between multiple priorities efficiently
- Work collaboratively with teams across different geographic locations and contribute to Machine Learning capability.
- Good presentation skills - Should be able to present findings and insights in a manner understandable to business.