Founder & Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:5020 Applications:666 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
Data Scientist - R/Python (3-7 yrs)
Organizational Overview :
The organisation is wholly-owned subsidiary of a global non-profit organisation with a mission to improve the human condition, is expanding its team in India, and is seeking experienced Data Scientists to join their growng team of enterprise analytics experts to be based out of Delhi-India office.
Job Overview :
The ideal candidate uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets to enable analytical solutions, Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications, Builds analytical solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and create competitive advantage, and Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employee.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer :
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to define business problems and research questions; Serves as key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cross functional, matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Builds large and complex information sets; Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Serves as key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms and supporting code such that research efforts are based on the highest quality data, are transparently conducted, are able to be productionized and are reproducible.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Maintains academic and industry relationships for the purposes of research; Maintains expertise and awareness of cutting edge techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.
Qualifications for Data Scientist :
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field or 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ or more years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and computer science
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation, graph analysis)
- Solid experience in one dynamic scripting language (Python, R)