Senior Consultant at Randstad
Views:374 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Data Science Professional - Analytics & Modeling (6-14 yrs)
We have a position open for Data Science with one of our Singapore based firms for Chennai location.
Exp - not less than 6 Years (Relevant)
- How many years of RELEVANT experience in pure Statistical Modeling/analytics/machine learning work?
- Do you have Hands on experience on any analytical modeling and coding?
- What was your role in the project specifically?
- Do you have experience in managing a team? If yes, a team of how many people, and what skills? (has this person managed or mentored other data scientists)
- Are the projects mentioned done as part of academics or professional careers?
- Are you proficient in R, Python, Sas / Can do coding?
- Do you directly connect with Client/ Stakeholders to understand business requirements and test and present your project outcomes?
- Do you function as an individual contributor, or get work done from a team?
- Finance & Data Operations Data Science Team is tasked with delivering tangible value to business units within the organization through data-driven decision making.
- This position is part of Finance & Data Operations Data Science team leading a small team of data scientists delivering advanced analytics projects for different businesses within the organization. The individual will join a growing global data science organization spanning both on/offshore.
- Incumbent is responsible for leading and executing analytics projects in a business, collaborating with different business stakeholders and other partners, support the implementation of insights to realize tangible value for organization, manage a team of data scientists (up to 5) and working across a range of technologies and tools.
- The ideal candidate has strong background in quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, advanced computing, machine learning), brings domain expertise, has applied those skills in solving real world problems across different businesses / functions and has managed small teams in delivering insights.
- Lead the execution of analytics projects within the portfolio
- Design and articulate the data science solution relevant to the business problem / opportunity
- Lead identification of appropriate data science models and evaluate their fitment for the available data
- Articulate the insights from the models in business-friendly language and explain the workings of the model for business adoption
- Provide support to the business value manager in managing the portfolio
Stakeholder Management Skills
- Forming close relationships with business stakeholders across businesses / functions to comprehensively understand their areas of operation and apply those in project execution
- Clearly articulate the challenges / opportunities in business / function that can be supported by analytics
- Deliver actionable insights that directly address challenges / opportunities
- Guide articulation of business insights and recommendations (based on model output) based on understanding of business / function and respective stakeholders
- Understanding of business governance and control structures & selecting the right analytical approaches which are consistent with businesses control/governance framework
- Understanding business KPI's, frameworks and drivers for performance
- Proficiency Level: Skill
Industry / Functional Expertise:
- Provide deep business expertise preferably Oil & Gas - Upstream or Downstream businesses. (If these are not available, willing to consider other industries that are similar or related - manufacturing, mining, power generation, etc.) or functional expertise in any one or more of the following industry / functional areas
- Manufacturing / Industrial: Equipment Failure prediction, Maintenance Scheduling & Optimization, Inventory optimization, Cost Diagnostics, Energy Management
- Customer / Marketing - pricing analytics, churn prediction, cross-sell / up-sell, Market Basket Analysis, Product Recommendation, Marketing Mix Modeling, Campaign design and effectiveness testing, Network Modeling, Customer segmentation, propensity analysis, customer lifetime value, profitability analysis, Customer experience (incl. voice of customer), CRM, Loyalty program management,
- Supply Chain / Spend: Demand & Supply Forecasting, Spend Analytics, Vendor Scoring, Pricing analysis (buy-side), product substitution analysis, product portfolio optimization, Tail spend analysis, logistics / network / route optimization, Contract Compliance
- Functional Analytics: Order-to-cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Tax (Direct & Indirect), Financial Risk and Assurance (controls and governance), Master Data Management, Inter-group / Intra-group
- Trading & Risk Management: Across Credit & Market Risk - Value at Risk (VAR), Back testing, Stress testing
Proficiency Level: Skill-to-Mastery
Modeling and Technology Skills:
Deep expertise in machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised) statistics / mathematics / operations research including (but not limited to):
- Advanced Machine learning techniques: Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Bayesian Networks, Reinforcement Learning, Feature Reduction / engineering, Anomaly deduction, Natural Language Processing (incl. Theme deduction, sentiment analysis, Topic Modeling), Natural Language Generation
- Statistics / Mathematics: Data Quality Analysis, Data identification, Hypothesis testing, Univariate / Multivariate Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Classification/PCA, Factor Analysis, Linear Modeling, Logit/Probit Model, Affinity & Association, Time Series, DoE, distribution / probability theory
- Operations Research: Sensitivity Analysis - Shadow price, Allowable decrease or increase, Transportation problem & variants, Allocation Problem & variants, Selection problem, Multi-criteria decision-making, models, DEA, Employee Scheduling, Knapsack problem, Supply Chain Problem & variants, Location Selection, Network designing - VRP, TSP, Heuristics Modeling
- Risk: Simulation design and high-performance computing, GARCH modeling, Macro-economic / Market behaviour modeling
- Process Analytics Process Discovery / Mining, BottleNeck analysis, Confirmation Testing, Process Benchmarking, Gap-to-Potential Assessment, SAP Data Models, SAP Table Structures (across SAP Modules - 5-6 of the following: General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Material Planning, Invoice Verification, Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Warehouse Management, Vendor Valuation, Sales, Sales, Shipping and transportation, Billing or Invoice generation, Bills of Material (BOM), Sales Information system, Credit Control, Sales and production Planning, Demand Management, Material Requirement Planning, Capacity Requirement Planning
Typically, each role will look at one of two of the above skills - not all of them
- Strong experience in specialized analytics tools and technologies (including, but not limited to):
1. SAS, Python, R, SPSS (preferably two out of 4)
2. Spotfire, Tableau, Qlickview
3. For Operations Research (AIMS, Cplex, Matlab)
4. Awareness of Data Bricks, Apache Spark, Hadoop
5. Awareness of Agile / Scrum ways of working
- Identify the right modeling approach(es) for given scenario and articulate why the approach fits
- Assess data availability and modeling feasibility
- Review interpretation of models results
- Evaluate model fit and based on business / function scenario
- Proficiency Level: Mastery
- Execute end-to-end analytics projects - Project scoping, sourcing data, managing modeling, translating model results into business insights, and helping business partner understand insights and make decisions accordingly (help generate value for organization through analytics)
- Creating project management plan, running status update meetings, coordinating deliverables and timelines, and managing risks to project delivery
- Recognize the level of statistical knowledge in business stakeholders vs. analytics experts vs. IT resources and articulating how analytics will be applied appropriately
- Manage different moving parts - business stakeholders, IT, Analytics Resources, Data Experts, SMEs, etc. for the successful execution of the projects (executing multiple projects at a time will be considered a plus)
- Proficiency Level: Mastery
- Deliver practical working solutions from a new and developing conceptual area.
- Develop understanding of data analytics in colleagues to the level they each require recognizing that level is very different for different stakeholders and project team members.
- Virtual working with network of colleagues located throughout the globe.
- Execute analytics projects across businesses or function
- Projects are in or span UI, UA, DS, P&T and Central Functions organizations with the purpose to enable better utilization of information from data analytics for better decision making and hence more value.
- 9 years in a global role or in various locations / 8 years of Relevant Experience
- Bachelors / Masters degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Technical Finance, or related areas and PHDs in any of those areas would be an added advantage
- Track record of successfully delivering high number of analytics projects in an industry / function (20-30 projects) both individually and through teams
- Track record of applying analytics to address business opportunities
- Track record of managing teams (4 people direct management)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and influencing skills
- Deep understanding of industry / function and associated processes, data, and systems
- A self-starter, able to work on initiative with a strong desire to learn