Industry Lead at Silverpeople
Views:691 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Data Modeler/Analyst - ETL/Teradata (4-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- The qualified and motivated candidate selected for this position will be responsible for building and refining data models in a complex distributed data warehouse environment.
- Responsible for performing the Data analysis, Data modeling, DDLs Creation in the DW environment primarily focusing on and supporting data modeling, Data analysis, ETL and other related services.
Essential Functions :
1. Partners with IT groups to design and implement data and modeling solutions.
2. Perform a detailed Data analysis on every project and support IT groups for any data related issues.
3. Develops and documents artefacts and templates in the chosen Erwin tool repository.
4. Understand the Project Proposal and assist the team in performing Data analysis how the new system or functionality can be integrated in the environment, identifying existing systems, concepts, possible datasources and issues
5. Develop, validate and communicate modeling solutions, including both relational and dimensional models
6. Analyze data-related systems integration opportunities and challenges.
7. Partners with the Data Architects, Clients, ETL developers, Business Systems Analysts and other technical data warehouse team members and database administrators to design and develop high performing data models and maintain consistent data element definitions.
8. Perform periodical Data validation checks to ensure the Quality of the Data in Production environments meet the standards.
9. Create Conceptual, Logical data models that need to be validated with Business Users for current projects as well as other impacted projects
Required Experience :
1. 4- 6 years- experience in a Data Modeler/Data Analyst role with deep knowledge of Relational and Dimensional Modeling in a Complex Data warehouse environment.
2. Erwin 9.5 Model Mart experience for developing the Data Models.
3. MUST be Strong in Teradata Data Warehousing Design and Teradata SQL
4. MUST be strong in Dimensional & 3NF Data modeling.
5. MUST be strong in Teradata SQL development, PL/SQL, and Data Profiling.
6. Experience in technical, process, and business metadata management as well as Master Data Management throughout SDLC, including data quality, metadata and workflow technologies.
7. Excellent Communication skills.
8. Should have Good inter personals skills.
9. Experience working in Scrum, Agile and waterfall used in completing projects
10. Should be able to guide/backup ETL team.
Required Skills :
1. Expertise in Relational Data Models (conceptual, logical and physical data models), Dimensional DataModels, Data Dictionary, Metadata and Business glossary
2. Expertise in implementing Data warehouse solutions, Operational data stores and real time data integration.
3. Familiarity with Retail domain concepts desired.
4. Experience with Development Methodologies, Databases Platforms (Teradata/ SQLServer), including deep knowledge in Teradata SQL & PL/SQL.
5. Expertise in Data Modeling tools (Erwin/Model Manager) & TD sql assistance.
6. Superior relationship management, consultative, presentation, and communications skills.
7. Sound leadership, critical thinking, and project/time management skills.