Talent Acquisition Specialist at Shiven Consulting
Views:938 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Data Engineer - Big Data/Python/C# (3-7 yrs)
Our data engineers build pipelines for truly massive data hoarders from around the world. For a geek that loves their data big and fast we're like a candy store. The future of big data is in the cloud. Nothing else is big enough.
MUST HAVES :
Serious data programming chops, schema building skills and SQL. Deep knowledge of at least one popular and open source big data processing platform.
- Design, create and maintain optimal data pipeline components,
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS - big data- technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Kinesis or similar
- Expertise with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Postgres and Cassandra
- Familiarity with workflow management tools like Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow or similar
- Expertise in Python and C#
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience dealing with massive volumes, real-time / streaming data processing and/or cloud data engineering patterns and proprietary platforms.