Head, Human Resources at CRON Systems Pvt Ltd
Views:348 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cron Systems - Embedded Drone & Robotics Algorithm Engineer (3-7 yrs)
About the Position
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with algorithm implementation experience to join our team. This position will report to the CTO. The right candidate will be extremely detail oriented, possess strong business acumen and exceptional communication skills.
The Embedded Drone & Robotics Algorithm Engineer will focus on the design and implementation of algorithms on embedded systems for small unmanned aircraft. Additionally, as a member of the engineering team, you will work on a variety of software projects that span multiple software architectures and hardware platforms that are interconnected, including ARM Cortex M0, Nvidia TX2, TI MCU, and embedded Linux. This position will require the ability to come up with new algorithms and implement existing algorithms associated with drone flight, gimballed payload operations, and computer vision.
As An Embedded Drone & Robotics Algorithm,
- Work on projects in C, C++, MATLAB, and Python in a Linux-based environment
- Develop prototypes to explore new ideas and work in iterative development cycles
- Implement new and existing algorithms to improve control, estimation, and computer vision techniques in drone related applications
- Keep up-to-date on the state-of-the-art of drone technologies and methods for autonomy, estimation, control, and computer vision
- Work with sensors commonly used on drones: IMU, GPS, EO/IR cameras
- Use MATLAB, Octive, or Python to analyse data, find problems, and improve algorithms
- Solve new software problems in a variety of projects
- Develop or enhance video pipeline frameworks for processing and streaming video
- You are self-motivated, work well with a team, and have a passion for software engineering.
- You understand software engineering principles and design with discipline, elegance, and efficiency.
- You have a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals, and can use this knowledge to solve unfamiliar problems.
- You are equally adept at rapid prototyping and designing for scale and quality.
- You are able to learn quickly and explore new concepts and technologies to create a quality product.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience developing software for embedded systems
- Experience in board bring-up and interfacing with externals devices and sensors
- Experience with control of robotics/drones (Desired)
- Experience with computer vision techniques and image pipeline (Desired)
- Expertise in C and/or C++ programming on embedded, Linux, or similar systems
- Experience with robotics, computer vision, control systems, Bayesian filters, or safety critical systems is of interest, but not required.
Optional/Desired Skills :
- Experience with Inertial Sensors/GPS