Conde Nast - Senior Data Engineer - Hadoop/Java/Python (5-9 yrs)
Job Title : Senior Data Engineer
Job Location : Chennai
Job Summary :
- The Data Engineering team is seeking a software engineer with a passion for data to help create more engaging, personalized experiences for users across Conde Nast's properties.
- You will have the opportunity to build both product features and internal data tools, all while working with a diverse group of datasets - web events, ad streams, context models, etc. You will also get to work with the newest data technologies available. Above all, you will influence how users interact with Conde Nast's industry-leading journalism
Primary Responsibilities :
- Develop and maintain data pipelines (realtime and batch), with a focus on writing scalable, clean, and fault-tolerant code
- Maintain various data stores and distributed systems, such as Presto and Druid, and help optimize data structures for efficient querying of those systems
- Collaborate with data science on implementing machine learning algorithms to enable cross-brand personalization and engagement initiatives
- Design and build front-end systems to allow business users to more easily access the data we collect
Required Skills :
- 5+ years software development experience with strong programming background (Java, C#, Python)
- Good knowledge on OOPS, Design Patterns, Collection framework
- Strong knowledge on Data Structures and Algorithm designing
- Hands on experience with Python (Pyspark or Scala)
- Experience with Hadoop and/or related technologies (Hive, Spark, Tez, Hadoop)
- Proficiency with data querying languages, especially SQL
- Experience with AWS tools, especially EMR, Kinesis, and Lambda would be a plus
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
About Cond- Nast
Cond- Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company's portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Cond- Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon App- tit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company's newest division, Cond- Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.