Centre Head Pune at Randstad India
Views:138 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Computational Biology Head - Data Analytics/RDBMS (8-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Our Client is looking for highly skilled computational biologist to develop advanced data mining and analysis pipelines to exploit the target-drug-disease association.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to develop novel drug repurposing approaches using the state of the art computational algorithms and methods.
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in data mining methods using large scale data, hypothesis generation, and integration of diverse data sets. The candidate should identify the current gaps in the strategies & methodology and able to come up with improvements in the practised procedures.
- 8-15 years of experience in computational biology and bioinformatics related areas is a must.
- MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational biology or similar, with a strong publication record.
- A strong understanding of statistical principles behind the current best practices in computational biology
- Expertise in the use of a high-level programming language such as R, Python or Perl for complex data analysis. Programming, web application programming, or relational database experience are pluses.
- Proven expertise in defining and validating computational approaches to generate hypotheses using multivariate, Bayesian and machine learning approaches
- Ability to generate in-silico experimental workflows and in-depth knowledge in proprietary and public biological databases, methods and tools.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- The selected candidate will be part of the Client informatics group and work in the area of Pharma data analytics. You are responsible for research data analysis in both prospective and retrospective manner to generate the novel drug therapeutic utility hypothesis using number of different tools such as meta-analysis, pathway analysis and structural similarity analysis.
- Setting project goals
- Increasing productivity and efficiency of staff
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Presenting results to senior/other research staff
- Ability to lead a team creatively, nurturing team members.
- Good analytical skills combined with ability to recognize and implement plans.
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Has to ensure that all members understand the team's objectives and work together to achieve it.
Location : Hyderabad
Salary : Negotiable
Industry : Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research