Comcast - Engineering Manager - Project Management (11-15 yrs)
Function : Engineering
Family : Software Development & Engineering
Job Title : Mgr 2, Software Dev & Engineering
Job Abbreviation : MGR2SWDEV
Hierarchy : Group Manager
Hierarchy : Level Manager 2
- FLSA Exempt
- Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications.
- Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Develops financial and operational objectives.
- Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to :
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Core Responsibilities :
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and applications.
- Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level :
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Compliance : Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and