Cimpress - Manager - Graphics Operations (7-13 yrs)
Manager - Graphics Operations
Cimpress N.V. (NASDAQ: CMPR) is the world leader in mass customisation. Our unmatched technology, production, and supply chain operations allow us to offer products that can be personalised by an individual customer and manufactured on demand: easily, with great quality, and at affordable prices. Whether it is customised apparel, marketing materials for a business, or personalised photo products commemorating cherished family moments, we create real, tangible products that mean something to real people.
Twenty years ago, Cimpress was a one-person company that launched from a spare bedroom in a small apartment in Paris. Today, we are at nearly $3 billion in revenue with more than 17 million customers per year and over 10,000 team members working across 16 countries worldwide for our family of subsidiary companies/brands like Vistaprint, BuildASign, National Pen, Drukwerkdeal, WIRmachenDRUCK, Exaprint, and Pixartprinting. Innovation remains core to our work as we build a mass-customisation platform with unmatched computer-integrated manufacturing capabilities.
- As a Manager handling Graphics Operations, you will directly manage 4-6 Team Leaders who will be leading various graphics teams (each of 5-15 graphic artists) for our global business units representing different customer-facing brands.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing the teams, managing their operations.
- You will help to continuously improve the processes and systems used by the teams.
- You will help foster a work environment that encourages creative, positive thinking, and which embraces a culture of change.
To be most effective in this position, you will have familiarity with several of these:
- Adobe Creative Suite and other graphics software
- Prepress processes for printing, pre-flight, and PDF manipulations
- Analysis of process efficiency and throughput, and process improvement in the context of computer-aided workflows.
- Quality calibration and management for computer-aided workflows
- Manpower planning, team growth, and development
- Learning management systems
- Mass customization technologies
- Trends in marketing and the use of customized products
If all this sounds like a way of life for you currently or in a past life, then read on!
In this role you will:
- Hire, grow and lead a graphics team, including team leads, graphic artists, quality analysts, and graphics trainers.
- Create, develop, and execute project plans in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in an agile environment that is focused on quick iterations and experimentation to find the right solution for any problem
- Drive initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools and processes and providing feedback on new practices and procedures, or software tools and systems, to scale with the rapid expansion.
- Help plan for the future by projecting staffing requirements, anticipating resource needs. and work closely with the technology teams in projecting improvements or new features in the supporting software and tools.
In return you will bring:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in any discipline from an accredited University.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in handling multiple teams, or alternatively in operations management.
- Experience in the last 3-5 years being in a leadership position or a role requiring management skills. At least 3 years of this should include people management.
- Strong leadership, and analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Quantitative reasoning and familiarity with statistical approaches. Familiarity using Excel or similar tools for numerical and statistical analysis and presentation of data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and in locations around the world, and to work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds. Fluency in English is a requirement.
- A proven track record of leading and growing a multi-disciplinary team, and identifying, developing, and retaining talented, high-potential people.
- The ability to be flexible to work in shifts suitable for US or European work times.