Ciena - PCB/CAD Design Engineer (3-14 yrs)
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you- ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G - literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES :
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative CAD PCB designer to join our hardware development team.
The Optical Transport R&D hardware team is seeking a PCB layout designer to develop high-speed, high complexity, multilayer circuit packs for communication products. The PCB Layout Designer will use Cadence Allegro layout toolset to extract the netlist from schematic capture, and perform printed circuit board artwork design and deliver a complete design package for production.
- Work under supervision to deliver a complete PCB documentation package that meets the quality system requirements.
- Perform component placement to meet electrical, mechanical and thermal constraints
- Develop detailed routing strategy and perform PCB routing to meet electrical specifications
- Participate in design reviews and work with various teams (hardware, mechanical, component, operations, test, product integrity, thermal) to resolve issues
- Complete layout verification with Valor to ensure compliance to Design For Manufacturability requirements
- Familiar with Cadence Allegro and Valor tools essential.
- Manual routing and controlled auto-routing.
- Forward / backward schematic annotation.
- Have good knowledge of PCB technologies, and familiar with mix analog and hi-speed digital circuits.
- Understanding of the PCB design process, and knowledge of the PCB manufacturability and assembly process an asset.
- Familiarity with high-speed hardware design and photonic interfaces a plus.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and well organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented and strives for perfection
- Team player, works effectively with others in a multi-disciplinary team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Graduate degree in Electrical/Electronic technology Diploma program or Associate Drafting/CAD Diploma
What you can expect from us :
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process