Ciena - FPGA Verification Engineer - UVM/System Verilog (2-15 yrs)
Your experience and accomplishments really stood out to me and I would like to connect you to someone from my team to speak in details- about the exciting hardware role we have in our R&D tech center, Gurgaon.
In line with our strategic plans for growth in India, we are looking out to appoint a lead engineer in FPGA Verification team.
What will you do at Ciena :
- This position is for an experienced FPGA verification engineer for supporting FPGA development Programs for Packet Networking hardware acceleration of Ethernet, MPLS, and IP OAM and SAT (Service Activation Testing) protocols, statistics, packet timing, TDM circuit emulation, as well as, system glue logic for packet access switching and routing platforms.
The successful candidate will lead the chip level verification activities for a variety of FPGA designs and will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following :
- Establish verification methodology, architecture, and infrastructure including models, generators, monitors, scoreboards, etc.
- Work with the design team to establish test priorities and coverage targets.
- Create verification plans
- Create and executing testcases
- Triage regressions, providing reports to the team and driving bug fix activities
- Collaborate with peers and mentor junior verification engineers on verification methodologies and best practices
- Provide accurate and timely project schedule estimates
- Experience in developing testbench environments using System Verilog and UVM
- Experience with both directed and constrained-random stimulus generation
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- A good sense of overall priorities and ability to make smart trade-offs given the typical timelines of FPGA designs
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Questa and Synopsys VCS verification tools
- Working knowledge of PC and Unix/Linux operating systems
General Activities :
- Capability to give technical leadership to small team of Verification engineers (mentorship)
- Independent self-starter
- Strong commitment to product excellence
- Excellent communications skills
Collaboration with stakeholders :
- Strong software analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation skills.
- Ability to resolve complex issues that may require design trade-offs.
Areas of impact :
- Position requires proficient troubleshooting and Problem solving skills
- Team oriented; strong inter-personal skills and ability to understand customers- needs, expectations and perspective
- Demonstrated ability to multitask on multiple projects
- Demonstrated communications skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate/collaborate with remote QA and Development teams
- Strong commitment to product excellence and quality
- Contributes (may take lead role) on a project team of engineers involved in the release and test of software. Quickly comes up to speed in understanding of advanced concepts/methodology and contributes to improving and extending the impact and effectiveness of those concepts or new approaches to the current project
This is key appointment for us and should you consider to discuss more on the role requirements, please share your interest with a copy of your resume and we shall arrange to speak with you soon!
Hoping to hear from you in the due course.
PS: This role is for Gurgaon location