Cartesian Consulting - Data Engineer- Netezza/SQL (2-3 yrs)
JD for Enterprise Data Management
Qualification : BE / MCA / MSc (Comp Sc/Info Sc)
Experience : 2-3 yrs experience
Key Skills : IBM Netezza/SQL (proficient) / IBM ETL (basic) / HDP Hadoop (basic)/AWS Data Engineering
You're one of those people who : Is a IC and Accountable for Data impact analysis, current system studies, detailed data requirements, source to target mappings, data flow diagrams and data quality & profiling assessments.
We'll trust you to manage :
- Business gathering of technical requirements and identify, document the detailed data requirements, definitions, data lineage and relevant business rules.
- Creation of data quality metrics and score card and escalation metrics
- Data analysis of source system to verify the requirements and to identify the quality and pattern of source data
- Identifies data sources based on profile of discrete data required for solution.
- Documents discrete data required for solution, capturing details such as meaning, relationships to other data, origin, usage and format, business rules, classifications, risk assignment, calculation logic, history requirements, etc. (business metadata) based on business requirements.
- Ensures successful and timely delivery of output with high quality, in accordance with Business needs and expectations.
- Documents data usage and distribution.
- Analyzes impact of potential changes to data against TCL managed systems.
- Analyzes profiling results across multiple systems to identify and report data anomalies.
- Defines profiling conditions across dimensions (data set, domain, application, and line of business).
- Identifies impacts and recommends potential process improvements to Business and TCL to improve data quality.
- Defines, documents, and supports creation of data quality monitoring and reporting requirements and rules based on business defined data quality.
- Provides checkpoint reviews for artefacts such as data mapping and data profiling with Power Users & Business Users.
- Exposure to Cloud Data Engineering/Data Warehousing.
You need to have :
- History of meeting deadlines in uncertain environments, and delivering high quality results
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a functional team
- Hands on experience with Netezza / Hadoop / ETL
- Managed Retailing Business domain