Team Lead - Recruitment at Cars24
Views:210 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Cars24 - Senior Software Engineer - AngularJS (10-20 yrs)
A rickety Ambassador or a shining new Porsche, a JK or a TN registration plate, an accidental car or one which wouldn- t start, none of it matters because we buy any car at the best price. We have a simple solution to the most complex problem that a car owner faces - selling his/ her car - and our solution is deeply rooted in technology which is why it works.
Execution is our game and we are killing it! At present, we trade a couple thousand cars every month, making us by far the most significant and largest player in the used car industry. Guess what? We are the fastest growing young business out of India in the last one and a half year - all of it while still being in stealth mode! With 54 branches across 11 major cities in India, we are scaling up rapidly and are on the road to profitability. If you want to work with a business that has the potential to be one of the largest tech companies to emerge out of India, talk to us. We are looking for talented individuals who are excited about working long term, in building a valuable business. We want folks who value building things from the ground up.
About the team:
Our captains are Vikram Chopra (Wharton, IIT Bombay, Sequoia Capital, McKinsey) and Mehul Agrawal (BCG, IIM Calcutta, Forbes 2016 Asia 30-under-30, Forbes 2015 India 30-under-30). Both of them had earlier founded FabFurnish.com. The rest of our team are driven, passionate individuals who possess excellent credentials, and have come together at CARS24.com to do the most phenomenal work of their lives.
As folks at CARS24.com say, - No one wants to tell their grandchildren that they missed out on this one.
Senior Software Engineer (Angular JS) :
Cars24 is looking for talented PHP and AngularJS engineers to join its Core Platform team. You will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, on our customers as we take on challenges that can reshape the used car industry.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Building scalable, highly available, resilient, extendable, secured architecture to provide a significant boost to the business
- Writing high quality code to achieve business goals.
- Working with various cross-functional teams to understand their needs, offering them solutions and setting and managing their expectations
- Ensuring timely & high quality delivery
- Following up best practices for development and championing their adoption as per company defined standards
- Developing with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening
Ideal candidate profile :
- 2-4 years of relevant industry experience
- An engineering degree in CS/EE from a reputed institution
- Experience in all versions of AngularJS 1.1, 2.0, 4.0
- Experience in HTML/CSS
- Experience and understanding of creating complex Analytics Visualization Applications using libraries like D3.js, Plotly
- Capability to analyze other popular JS frameworks like Vue, Polymer, ReactJS
- Understand frontend applications performance Aspects
- Understand backend architecture
- Strong foundation in Data Structures/ Algorithms and their pros and cons
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture for a scalable and highly available set-up
- Have the capability to understand existing architecture of application and refactor it to follow best practices
- Experience working with SQL
- Experienced in developing the long-term tech strategy into an achievable roadmap
- Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best
- Strong in open source technologies, agile development
- Ability to deliver projects on time with high quality