Cargill Business Services - SAP Solution Specialist - SAP MII Module (6-10 yrs)
Position Purpose & Summary :
- Govern the design, build and test activities of partners for the SAP deployments in the instance.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Provide technical oversight to partners for all the work related to deployments in the Commercial stream. Fully familiar with Solution design principles.
- Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leverage common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery objectives
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution and business capability, support solution implementation as necessary
- Identify issues relating to missing or misinterpreted business requirements, so that corrective actions can be developed and applied accordingly
- Advocate quality of solutions that meet or exceed defined business requirements
- Guide solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture
Analysis & Requirements Gathering :
- Assess Business Unit/Function needs, clearly eliciting, translating, and documenting business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Facilitate requirements discussions with key stakeholders
- Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources
- Collaborate with the key project SMEs and stakeholders to define project requirements and change requests
- Analyze and interpret data and information to guide process and solution decisions
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs)
- Assist in translating business requirements into functional design specifications
- Contribute to innovation and digitization by upskilling oneself in new technologies and work on adoption of these in Cargill.
- Other Project Delivery Responsibilities (may include some or all of the following)
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
- Prepare and execute test plans
- Prepare and execute training of users and operations teams
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight during requirements, design, build, and test phases
- Work across architecture domains to identify and resolve issues and manage inter-dependencies between integration points
- Assist in the selection of employees and provide input on future workforce needs
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more system or application
Relationship Management :
- Build strong relationships with global stakeholders and be identified as SME in Commercial area.
- Create and maintain long-term working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors and business partners
- Engage and influence business sponsors and users and contribute to their targeted business outcomes
- Engage and influence developers to ensure productivity and solution quality
- Act as a coordinator to ensure infrastructure requirements are implemented
- Champion collaboration and enable delivery in team environment
Education, Experience, Skills :
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of SAP Design and Implementation experience in SAP MII & SAP PP-PI/QM/MM
- Good functional knowledge of manufacturing execution or/and supply chain execution process
- Must have participated in at least 2 end to end successful MII implementation
Technical skills :
- Web development with an emphasis on Java Script
- SAP UI5
- Database - SQL or Oracle
- Experience in scoping, requirements gathering/definition, Solution Design, Testing etc.
- Proven record of interacting with the functional teams at different levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Ability to understand our business, work across business units, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experienced working with ambiguity
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Experience leading and influencing others, including senior level personnel
- Established skills in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Shop Floor experience including MOM mapping
- Good knowledge of SAP interface with different MES Applications including Weighbridge, Uniwin, Actemium, Savigent, Bartender, GLIMS or similar MES applications
- Historian experience preferred
Other relevant information to the position :
Examples may include: Career benefits; development an individual can gain by serving in this role; People Leadership (if applicable); Observable behaviors that encompass the applied knowledge, skills and attributes that distinguish and drive superior performance.
- Career Development - The role has opportunity to progress as a Workstresm Lead.
- Project demands may from time to time require work during non-standard business hours. An example would be during a system implementation at a plant which can only happen during scheduled downtime
- Not more than 25% travel expected. Only short terms travel occasionally possible.