HR at Pioneer Financial & Management Services Ltd.
Views:273 Applications:16 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Business Objects Developer - SQL/PL-SQL (4-6 yrs)
Here is an opportunity for a permanent position for Business Objects - Top Global Investment Bank Project - Mumbai
Years of Experience : 4 to 6 years
Work Location : Mumbai Malad
Must have technologies (Hands on experience)
Mandatory Skills :
- Business Objects XI3.1, 4.2 Deski, Webi and Universe creation
- Worked on Business Objects Admin Module
- Strong SQL/PLSQL
Position Objective :
- Design, development and maintenance of data loading & reporting solution
- To develop and maintain the entire Data warehouse back-end solution in order to meet the business intelligence requirements.
- To play a techno-functional role by being a part of the technical team for developing and maintaining the Business Intelligence solution
- To consistently adapt best practices for system integration patterns
Roles and responsibilities :
1. Business and System Analysis :
- Interact with business, functional and technical representatives of project teams, and various territories, vendors, APT teams and Paris Head office representatives in order to analyze system requirements.
2. Conceptualization & Development :
- Conceptualize the overall reporting approach and module design. Develop specifications, benchmarking of hardware/software platforms; prepare design documents, building proof of concepts, validation of design solution and data modeling.
3. Maintenance :
- Further enhance, trouble-shoot, understand & resolve problems related to existing systems, in order to maximize system uptime and ensure alignment with changing business environment.
- Establishes regular code reviews tied to on-going components/project development.
5. Partnership :
- Co-ordinate, communicate and collaborate with various internal and external service providers, vendors and consultants, in order to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Liaises with Infrastructure teams to ensure proper application configurations and hardware performance efficiencies.
- Involve with the review and submission of all solution designs provided by Vendor or in-house application development teams.
6. System upkeep :
- To contribute towards house keeping, system upgrades, installation, backup/restore & adherence to DR plans, to maintain a robust application system platform at all times.
7. Documentation :
- Control and oversee timely preparation, update and upkeep of all documents necessary to be maintained within the solution framework, in order to ensure easy availability of information pertaining to the solutions developed and maintained.
8. Training :
- Train users on system functionality and usage in order to ensure effective utilization of application systems.
- Proactively involve in the knowledge sharing activity with colleagues, ongoing basis.
9. Compliance :
- To ensure all activities carried-out and solutions proposed, planned and delivered are compliant with policy guidelines specified by BNPP Paribas group globally.
10. Contribution to Project /Organization
- Undertake training programs for the team. Guide junior team members on the technology & processes front. Share with colleagues learning and experience, whenever required. Maintain organizational norms, professional code of ethics, work decorum, regularity in work.
- 4 to 6 year mandatory experience working with Business Objects(BI4.2) development of Web Intelligence reports and Desktop Intelligence reports.
- Demonstrable experience on Business Objects Admin modules including trouble shooting.
- Good working knowledge of the migration process from BOXI3 to BI4.2 to resolve issues related to migration
- 3 to 4 years of mandatory hands-on experience in SQL/ PLSQL.
- At least 2 to 3 years of hands-on experience in Unix shell scripting, Autosys will be good to have.