Senior Consultant - Recruitment at Magna Infotech
Views:387 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Business Analyst - Data Quality & Reporting Tools (3-7 yrs)
Direct Responsibilities :
- Able to analyze huge data and identify any functional gaps (based on data quality exceptions generated through
- Informatica Data quality tool) relating to Banking domains i.e. Capital Markets, Corporate Banking, Finance, Risk, Retail Banking etc.
- Perform root cause analysis on these functional gaps, conduct / organize sessions with SME's to discuss / brainstorm these gaps and present these functional gaps in a summarized manner to Domain SME- s
- Work extensively with the Issue Management & Remediation team on identified data quality and reconciliation issues.
-Coordinate with techno functional team in explaining them the logic based on which the data for specific domain needs to be extracted from Oracle.
- Explain the functional gaps to techno functional team so that they can incorporate those checks in their SQL queries.
- Perform reconciliation on month end data Vs tactical adjustments and generate variance analysis.
- Develop test cases aimed at validating development for a given functional requirement and record them in the official test management platform.
Contributing Responsibilities :
- Partner with data domain owners to develop new functional logics in existing SQL queries; which will enhance and support the goal of quality data being used for reporting purposes.
- Produce and distribute daily/weekly team Status reports and contribute to project status reporting depending on the undertaking at hand
- Create SOP-s, perform knowledge transfer and cross training for proper backup in team
Technical & Behavioral Competencies :
- Able to write moderate level SQL queries in Oracle without any assistance.
- Understanding of various data model's for extraction of required data sets to be consumed for Root cause analysis.
- Experience in one or many of these data quality tools and reporting tools/applications; Informatica, HP QC/ALM, Collibra, OBIEE, Tableau, OFSAA, Intellimatch etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access.
- Bachelor's Degree, CA, MBA Finance or US / India CFA, or BE, along with 5 + years of experience in any of the below :
- Business Analysis in a financial institution.
- Data management area related to corporate banking or capital markets or both.
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required) :
- A self-starter who can take the process a level ahead and have the ability to think out of the box, suggest changes and challenge status quo.
- Ask questions and understand the larger picture for the tasks assigned.
- Display a sense of curiosity, enthusiasm and eagerness to understand business constraints, environment and impact on regulation for the financial industry.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent organization, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work extended hours or weekend working.
- Ability to work independently and become an effective team member.