Co founder at Profoundwhiz Consulting and Training
Views:51 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
BSP Developer - Android Devices (6-10 yrs)
Role would involve performing the following functions :
- Board bring-up, low level device drivers and interface programing to support the rest- embedded software team, especially in the following areas :
Debug board bring up
- Troubleshoot hardware related board bring up issues
- Root cause analysis: isolate issues caused by hardware and software
- Developing BSP
- Design development, integration and testing of - firmware subsystems in new android based hardware platform
- Interface with key internal partners (applications team) and external vendors (chipmakers and systems integrators) as part of the technical cross-functional team delivering final product
- Developing and Implementing Board Support Package for new Android device
- Development of device drivers for the peripherals like touch screen, display, cameras, audio, GPS, NFC, etc.
- Writing test scripts for manufacturing level test planning and implementation
- Integrate firmware and manage dependencies across the system.
- Participate in identifying test strategy and generating detailed test protocols.
- Perform formal verification, and generate reports. Participate, review and approve outside lab test plans, protocols
- Participate in device level verification of new PCBs
Key Qualifications :
- Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms, Snapdragon SoC architectures and Android platforms
- Hands-on bring-up experience with Snapdragon and deploying Android over Snapdragon based devices.
- At least 7-10+ years experience in embedded software development, at least 5+ in Android and Linux kernel level
- Good understanding of industry standards interfaces for displays, NFC, Bluetooth, Cameras, etc
- Experience with platform bring-up or porting of android to new devices
- Previous experience with Linux kernel device driver development and bootloader programming
- Understanding of on-chip debug and trace facilities. Experience using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes to aid in board bring up
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills especially with silicon design, validation and board design engineers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent Bachelors Degree
- 10+ - years of working experience in software or firmware engineering in embedded systems
- 5+ years of working experience in the firmware development for android based platforms
- You will play a key role in supporting first generation android platform targeting intelligent cars.
- Your primary role will be integrating low level interfaces and BSP - with upper layer Android framework.
- Your primary responsibility is low level debugging, board bring up and developing device drivers to create BSP.
- Following that you will have to work closely with internal and external teams to enable delivery of final custom applications developed for Android devices.
- Design, implement - and perform system level debug of hardware, silicon, with applications software team.
- You will working on a large spectrum of issues ranging from hardware/silicon issues to overall system operation, performance, thermal and power management.
- You will also work with manufacturing as the platform transitions from development phase to production phase.