British Telecom - Senior Security Specialist - Implementation (11-16 yrs)
Job title : Senior Specialist Security Systems
Reports to (job) - Head of Security Systems
Team : Security Architecture & Design
Location : Gurugram
Job Dimensions : Design & Implement Security solutions for BT's Global customer base Hours 40 Hours per week
We've always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world's first telecommunications company. At our heart, we- re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones, and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Those are the values we live by. Creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale, capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe, and secure. To delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We are one of the largest Security & Business continuity practices in the world with over 2500 Security professionals globally.
Today, in this fast changing, always on, digital world, our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism, and resilience to help propel us forward, we- ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things, and pursue new careers. If that's you, and what you- re looking for. We- d love you to be part of our future.
Why this job matters
Our philosophy is underpinned by a belief in the importance of human intelligence. No matter how advanced a technology, there will always be an attack that will get around it. Do you have what it takes to :
1. Design the scalable and futuristic solution for our customers
2. Guide customers on regulatory/compliance depending on their industry/region.
3. Understand Global threat landscape
4. Manage internal/external customers
5. Constant Learning
What I'll be doing your accountabilities :
The skills you need :
- Responsible for the implementation and operational delivery for a number of services of the IT Security Strategy. Delivery of this will be through the implementation of the policy, procedures, processes, systems, threat identification & response that provide IT security services and solutions for or on security infrastructure, pan BT and externally
- Deliver complex implementations involving security deployments
- Provide Subject Matter Expert technical consultancy services in support of new BT Security Services working directly with the customer and account teams in the technical data requirements capture phase.
- Responsible for maintaining and building relationships with strategic stakeholders to minimise risks to BT.
- Responsible for defining the strategies, techniques and procedures for Information Assurance risk assessments, compliance audits and mitigation strategies
- Configure, Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of networks and information
- Create/Review Implementation plan and run it through the approval calls.
- Contribute to design discussion based on High-level Designs, and where appropriate provide technical input in areas of technical expertise.
- Run UAT with customer post implementation activity and provide RCA of failed attempts.
- Responsible for translating IT Security strategy for a number of services into actionable programmes, operations or activities.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Engage with BT Internal (SOC, Design and network ) teams and collaborate for end to end view of implementations.
Technical Skills :
- NGFW : Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint, CISCO etc.
- Proxy : Zscalaer, Blue Coat
- AAA : CISCO ISE, ForeScout, NAC.
- SIEM/Security Analytics & Management: QRadar, ArcSight, SkyBox etc.
- ATPs : FireEye, Symantec
- DDos : Arbor, Akamai
- Scripting : Pyton/Pearl
- VPN : SSL, IKE v1 & v2
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols like, Adavance persistent threats, Cloud Security (AWS, Azure), Sandboxing, VA/PT, PKI etc.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal Communication Skills.
Leadership accountabilities :
- Write a 3-5 accountabilities of the job.
- Stake-holder Management
- Manage escalations
- BAU Process confirmation
- Mentor team members on Technical issues - Senior Security Specialist should have 10-12 years of core experience in Network and Information Security.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including NGFW, IPS/IDS, Proxy, AAA, log management, content filtering, DDoS etc.
- Experience in leading complex and critical implementation activities .
Key decisions :
- Lead the design & implementations activities for key customers.
- Technical Authority to ensure Right First time implementations.