British Telecom - Senior Security Advisor - Information Security (8-16 yrs)
Role Code: STST04
Job Family: Security Discipline: Security Consultancy Services
Role Title: Senior Security Advisor - Information Security
Reporting to: Head of Security East Asia
Purpose Of Role:
The primary role holder provides Information Security advice and services to clients, which maybe for a single or across multiple accounts. The focus is on aligning security concepts, strategy, and policies to business strategy/processes and create clear direction via roadmaps and/or consultation reports. Typically, the role holder helps clients meet business objectives, solve security technical, and procedural problems and further business success by applying high levels of industry, technical and operational knowledge. The role holder helps clients identity security control gaps and provide advice on addressing deficiencies thru security solutions or services.
Key Responsibilities :
- Point of contact to clients as security advisor for the following areas:
- Review security threats alerts and advise appropriate actions
- Understand network security control products and architecture's, including UTM/FWs, IDS, cloud email and web security: work with client security/risk teams to agree on standards, decide appropriate controls and measure effectiveness of those controls
- Periodic reviews on security control configurations and develop continuous improvement plan
- Check vulnerability announcements for impact; agree on action plan with key stakeholders and operations
- Collaborate with client in development of security policies and provide advice on how to implement policies
- Develops successful and sustainable long term Security business relationships with clients
- Actively manage senior level relationships with clients and senior executives.
- Oversee security customer experience, business opportunities, relationships, and contract management delivery.
- Identify & develop new security opportunities to expand the business scope of existing contracts.
- Perform security maturity assessments (CSC20, ISMS, NIST); provide gap analysis and recommendation reports/roadmaps
- Typically qualified to degree level, or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognised qualifications.
- CISSP, GCCC and/or CISM preferred
- Extensive experience with a proven track record in security Strong technical and service background in security
- Telco experience has a preference, followed by FSI, govt., logistics
- Extensive client-facing experience with stakeholder management and influencing skills, from senior level down to working level
- Proven knowledge of security risk management concepts and processes.
- Recognised practitioner in security management, network and information security and people security.
- Excellent leader with a proven track record of building high performing, well-motivated teams.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Security sales/pre-sales background a plus