British Telecom - Project Delivery Professional (5-10 yrs)
Role, Responsibilities & Person Specification
Role Code : STST06
Role Title : Project Delivery Professional
Discipline : Software Engineering
LOB / BU : TSO/TAW9
Typically reports to (role): Software Engineering Team Lead
Location : Bangalore
Roles that typically report to this role: Designers
Key Purpose of the Role :
- Strong in Project management and requirement gathering to deliver good quality code to ensure reducing our reliance on a supplier. Should have good understanding of Agile methodologies.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Good understanding of procedures and application of procedures and concepts within own subject area (and understanding them in the context of the business).
- Provide guidance and support to others. Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Interprets client needs, assessing the full requirements.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
- Awareness of internal/ external business issues and best practice in own discipline which is then applied to own role.
- Takes action to monitor and control costs within own work horizons.
- Develops plans for specific work activities in own area over the short-term, which may include forecasting resource requirements.
- Adapts information/style to the audience, explaining difficult issues clearly, to establish consensus and gain agreement.
- Own the technical delivery of multiple projects from business scoping and requirements definition to operational in life acceptance
- Manage the achievement of requirements by the production of a robust and achievable design and delivery plan
- Ensure all components impacted review, size and commit to the delivery & costs of the design for the technical delivery
- Responsible for ensuring the scoping of e2e testing for accountable technical deliveries
- Produce and agree technical delivery plans with stakeholders
- Manage RAG status and expectations of a technical delivery with relevant stakeholders
- Run a regular project review forum with all stakeholders, including; Risks/issues/finances/status/resources
- Ensure show and tells are planned and actions as a result of the S&T are addressed.
- Ensure defects are addressed promptly
- Ensure post-deployment testing is planned and resourced.
- Manage any issues identified post deployment and escalate as appropriate
- Identify when technical deliveries are at risk and take corrective action to resolve.
Person Specification :
Essential Skills (Skills without which the person cannot perform the role, limit to a maximum of four skills only ) :
- Hands-on coding ability and to trouble shoot and fix in RPA tools
- Front end technologies like HTML5, CSS and Jquery.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Overall Skills and Experience (Include skills that in addition to the essential skills are required for the person to perform the role in a better way ) :
- Experience in technical of complex project deliveries end-to-end with matrix managed structure.
- Experience developing and designing Enterprise Application development Projects both from an Engineering and Project Management perspective
- Self starter who can lead the way by setting up prototypes for vendor technical teams to follow
- Contribute to the definition of the team processes and standards
- In depth understanding of Telecom product offering
- Possess B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Possess typically 8+ years of previous software engineering or related experience
- Possess 2-3 year experience in leading a team
- Possess project management knowledge
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working with large Telco service providers is a plus
- Agile certifications
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed teams