British Telecom - Lead Consultant - Service Operations & Inlife (10-16 yrs)
Job description :
STL- Service Operations and Inlife
Organization : BT TSO
Job function : IT, Systems and Security
Main location : India-India-Bangalore
Schedule : Full-time
Working pattern : Standard
Benefit band : 2
Role code/grade : STST04
Salary : within range
- To ensure operational stability & performance of OR systems across CRM, workflow, IIP & Field operations to deliver expected business benefits. It will focus on driving the adoption of operational best-practices across the above four OR platforms and optimising service levels across OR, representing TSO at senior stakeholder level on our operational performance, trading and service reliability.
- It will cover OR level governance on security, regulatory, privacy and sensitivity requirements. In addition it will cover maintaining a current list of OR infrastructure, associated EoSL and upgrade plans, and supporting platform directors for deployment & maintenance of optimum infrastructure for their respective platforms, including business appropriate resilience including server decommissioning, and associated energy savings. Finally it will include co-ordinating with platforms for planning and monitoring proactive patching across the four OR platform and compliance to IT general controls across platforms.
- The role holder meets business objectives, solves business problems and furthers business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge. The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant BT wide professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role. The role holder may also play a key part in the BT wide professional communities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Operational Readiness.
- Operational Stability.
- Operational Assurance - ensure all delivered solutions are fit to run.
- Trading Reliability - SLAs met for P1/P2/P3.
- Incident Turnaround and resolution - lead on E2E ownership of incidents though the resolution may be owned by other teams
- Automation - reduction in levels of ASG Service Requests/manual workarounds and automation of incident handling.
- Security coverage of the estate along with application of latest security patches.
- Customer and stakeholder management.
- Building key critical skills across the team.
- Support cultural change through execution of how systems need to be supported.
- Process change - continuous improvement of ASM processes.
- Innovation to find new ways to provide operational system support whilst maximising efficiencies and cost savings.
- Innovation to find new ways to contribute to business benefits via functional changes.
- Maintains an oversight of key technology transformation programmes in specific area of expertise, monitoring performance against business objectives, scorecard and responding and recommending actions to trends and taking executive action.
- To personally participate in and contribute to BT wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within BT and external industry.
- To use the relevant BT wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
Business Impact :
- On Budget performance and efficiency
- Reduction of manual workarounds/SRs
- External Interaction with 3rd party vendors, CSOC, TSO/AGIP Finance Teams for securing ASM budgets,
- Work with Delivery Hubs and CIOs for service management.
- Relationships with industry at appropriate key influencing level, building creditability both internally and externally.
Authority/Decision Making :
- Works under own direction within a clear framework of accountability.
- Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Plans own work, to meet given objectives and processes.
- Budget responsibility for ASM Budget and Cost Control..
- Establishes functional objectives and delegates assignments.
- Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and members of team.
- May have a degree qualification (engineering/science) or has served a technical apprenticeship and/or obtained NVQ and/or further education technical qualifications (i.e. HND).
- Qualified to be and possibly member of a professional engineering/science institution and working towards chartered engineer accreditation.
- Relevant professional experience.
- Recognized expertise in own area within an organisation.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of how own expertise contributes to the objectives of the business, backed by a very good working knowledge of the industry.
- Shares expertise with colleagues and others.
- Is a lead contributor individually and as a team member.
- Provides direction for others.
- Applies knowledge/skills through handling complex problems and/or co-ordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise.
- Anticipates client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short and long term solutions.
- Anticipates internal/external business issues and developments in own discipline.
- Manages costs and profitability for a work area and/or large projects.
- Anticipates patterns and links, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
- Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Manages own time and that of others.
- Develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long term.
- Supports strategic planning activities.
- Explains/presents highly complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly.
- Able to influence at a senior level.
- Creates formal networks internally and externally.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise the potential of themselves, their team and the wider BT team.