British Telecom - Lead Consultant - Oracle DB/SQL/PL-SQL (7-12 yrs)
Organization : BT TSO
Job function : IT, Systems and Security
Main location : India-Bangalore-Bangalore
Schedule : Full-time
Working pattern : Standard
Role code/Grade : D
Typically reports to (role) : Senior Software Engineering Manager
Roles that typically report to this role: None
Purpose of Role :
- The candidate would be working on design and development of highly critical applications as an Oracle Database Specialist.
- He/she is expected to understand the application requirements and transform them in to technical implementations which would be medium to complex in nature.
- At times they are required to work vigorously dealing with high priority issues and be able to handle pressure work situations helping achieve critical project deliveries. They are expected to have a solid understanding of Oracle Database architecture and performance tuning.
Key Responsibilities :
- Interact with customers and product management regarding application features and functionalities.
- Convert business requirements into specifications and be able to analyse, design, develop and integrate applications from Database perspective.
- Coding highly complex SQL and PL/SQL programs to meet strategic business functionalities.
- Work with test teams and end users ensuring smooth delivery of functional requirements.
- Ensuring quarterly releases are thoroughly tested for regression and performance.
- Implement best practices performing technical deep dive.
- Develop monitoring scripts through shell scripts or database jobs to ensure proper alert mechanisms are in place for tablespace usage, blocking transactions, too many active sessions, etc.
- Proactively monitor and analyse the DB health and provide solutions to ensure resilience and high availability of Databases in production.
- Provide RCA for issues encountered in production and ensuring respective fixes are made in all respective applications.
- Plan and develop scripts for regular Database related maintenance activities to maintain good health of the database.
- Must be able to work independently or collaborate with other teams and deliver the requirements.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- B.E./B.Tech degree in IT related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Oracle PLSQL and Data modelling.
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts.
- Solid DB design and architectural understanding.
- Perform Physical design at the schema level.
- Experience in writing large and complex packages/procedures/functions and triggers.
- Make use of advanced PLSQL programming concepts like Objects, custom types and collections in delivering high performance and optimized programs.
- Good understanding of Partitioning concepts.
- Good in SQL and PLSQL performance tuning in a RAC environment.
- Expertise in using Oracle utilities like exp/imp, DATAPUMP, sqlldr.
- Be able to analyse and provide RCA of high priority issues by reviewing DB reports like AWR, ADDM and ASH.
- Should have worked on DB upgrades planning and implementation.
- Expert in troubleshooting database issues involving databases of Terabytes of size.
Good to Have :
- OCP in 11g and above Oracle skills.
- Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge about BigData technologies like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- NoSQL databases.