British Telecom - Lead Consultant/Manager - Software Engineering - Java/J2EE (9-16 yrs)
Role, Responsibilities & Person Specification
Role Code: STST04
Job Family : Systems Engineering
Role Title : Lead Consultant/Manager
LOB / BU : TAWE/OSS
Typically reports to (role) : Software Engineering Manager
Location : Bangalore, India
Roles that typically report to this role : Sr. Software Engineer - Service Design system
Key Purpose of the Role :
- The role holder is responsible for taking a domain & technical requirement and work with design, architect teams to find the solution fit for delivery from Engineering perspective.
- The purpose of this role is to build robust Service Design & Inventory system and/or enterprise strategies to integrate all aspects of the solution (network, system, process, and people) to ensure it works together.
- This role also provides the technical direction for a Service Design systems.
Principal Responsibilities :
- The lead will report to the Software Engineering Manager and execute an active role in the Leadership team in this unit.
- Experience in solution designing and managing different stakeholders/vendors
- Understand the telecom domain well enough, especially the Service design and logical inventory, physical and logical planning, and ability to act as domain focal point
- Understand need of multiple projects and communicate them divisionally and/or cross-divisionally
- Experience in designing & development in Core Java/JS/GIS technologies with standard data models like SID and lead from an Engineering point of view.
- Ability to do deep dive on technical areas and get the best outcome out of technically challenging situations.
- Able to mentor technical teams.
- The accountable representative of IT to all senior/exec level OR stakeholders.
- The role directly manages many senior FTEs globally across the UK and Asia Pacific regions and many other people at lower levels indirectly - in total of about 5 to 6 FTEs. There are also subcontracted teams from multiple vendors, to contribute to the
- Drive strong engineering practices in the team
- Ability to Drive Network Inventory Transformation working with Operation\CTIO and Architects provide the right solution
- Thought leadership on technical delivery and the E2E pipeline, to ensure delivery is continuously improved by all teams in IT and OR. To continue to deliver increased value and output, while constantly reducing the costs required to run these platform teams - by increased efficiency, and optimised teams that perform better as time goes on
Person Specification :
Essential Skills (Skills without which the person cannot perform the role, limit to a maximum of four skills only ) :
- Keep senior stakeholders updated on the progress and issues affecting major and minor releases.
- Delivering positive customer experience and service delivered through the software developed. Transformational delivery experience.
- Managing stakeholder requirements and communications for major escalations.
- Creating a culture of continuous development that nurtures a world class software development practice
- Being a strong contributor within the Software Engineering profession.
- Strong knowledge on web based frameworks and latest technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Graph concepts, tmforum Information model & strong functional understanding of the Service and Network Inventory
- Working knowledge of performance tuning of application and continuous integration techniques.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Overall Skills and Experience (Include skills that in addition to the essential skills are required for the person to perform the role in a better way ) :
- Effective leadership skills with strong motivational and people management skills that will influence and drive the team to success. Ability to lead significant people change programmes
- Ability to independently drive change within the team that will improve the overall efficiency and throughput.
- A clear understanding of the business imperatives and how they align with the wider company strategy.
- An extensive knowledge of the Business OSS / BSS stack.
- The ability to build a strong and effective network of relationships that can be exploited to ensure that issues get resolved quicker.
- Commitment to the role with regular out of hours working.
- Focus on driving solutions rather than highlighting problems, working collaboratively across teams.
- Coach, develop and mentor direct reports and matrix team, sharing best practice, to ensure team operates effectively to achieve business benefits.
- Experience in working with technically complex deliveries.
- Experience developing and designing Enterprise Application development Projects from an Engineering perspective
- Self-starter who can lead the way by setting up prototypes for technical teams to follow.
- Contribute to the definition of the team processes and standards.
- In depth understanding of Telecom product offering, Physical & Geo Spatial Inventory.
- Possess B. Tech or B.E. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Possess typically above 10 years of previous software engineering or related experience.
- Possess strong skills in team management
- String in providing solution in plan and build domain.
- Should have closely worked with ARCHITECTS and Delivery leads in providing solutions/products
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess skills to handle operations challenges and in life issues.
- Strong exposure Java/J2EE.
- Strong exposure and strong in Oracle Database & Middleware skills, UI design skills, JS skills, Linux scripting and troubleshooting skills.
- Should be able manage stakeholder
- Transformational Solution designing & delivery experience.
- Working with large Telco service providers is a plus
- Should have working experience on Micro service based arch and cloud based solutions
- Telecom certifications
- Java/Oracle certifications
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed teams
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.