British Telecom - Dynamic IT Tooling Monitoring Engineer (3-7 yrs)
Posting Title : Dynamic IT Tooling - Monitoring Engineer
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE :
Dynamic IT Tooling - part of Dynamic IT Infrastructure - are seeking monitoring engineers. working within the monitoring and reporting team you will be responsible for the delivery of systems and solutions that support BT's internal customers in managing and automating the delivery of compute infrastructure. This role will be aligned to a new platform working on the configuration and management of the CheckMK product delivery.
As a Monitoring Engineer you will be expected to :
- Provide an application support group (ASG) role to CheckMK and our various platforms.
- Deliver repeatable work packages and change controls.
- Document and automate existing process using scripting or coding.
- Develop a technical specialism and invest in personal development.
- Be invested in the continuous improvement of the team.
The role will be based in Bangalore, India
Key skills required :
- Understanding or knowledge of CheckMK as a monitoring solution
- Understanding of monitoring solutions and their use within BT.
- Understanding of Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana or similar products.
- Good server operating system skills, Linux/Unix and containers
- Understanding or experience of scripting or integration languages e.g. Python
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle databases.
- Working directly with customers
- Complex project delivery experience