British Telecom - DevOps Engineer - Cloud Operations (3-7 yrs)
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Purpose of Role:
- Develop and implement new infrastructure code, maintain and improve Existing code.
- Deployment and maintenance of a cloud-based IaaS code solution.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly.
Job Responsibilities :
- Implementation of DevOps process, tools for multiple products
- Build and release management.
- CI/CD setup for various environments
- Writing code for Monitoring existing infra AWS/Digital Ocean / on premise servers
- Implementation of security and policies to safeguard IP at various levels
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Implementation of best practices for infrastructure as code (e.g. Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools
- Participates and/or leads in project planning processes.
- Creates and shares development estimates and operational requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines
- Solve complex Cloud Infrastructure problems.
- Drive DevOps culture in the tech organization by working with engineering and product teams.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure solutions for automation, alerting, monitoring, and agility.
- Evaluate cutting edge technologies and build PoCs, feasibility reports, and implementation strategies.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Should be very strong with CI/CD Tools like: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server
- Strong in Configuration Automation: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack, Rackspace
- Strong with Software Containers like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Build Tools Like Maven, Ant, MSBuild
- Strong Scripting Experience With Python / Shell / Bash / Perl / Ruby
- Experience with Webservers like Apahe, Tomcat, Weblogic
- Experience working in Large scale Applications
- Should have worked on Build and Release Automation
TECHNICAL SKILLS Desired (Any) :
- Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, Svn, VSTS etc)
- Continuous Integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS )
- Infrastructure Automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Cloud (like AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack)
- 4- 10 years of experience in an IT/ITES Company supporting above role
- B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required