HR Recruitment Team at British Council Management Services
Views:323 Applications:84 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
British Council Management Services - Manager - Incident Management (6-8 yrs)
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties :
The Job holder main duties are as follows :
- Major incident Management
- Managing the delivery of the overall Major Incident Management for British Council
- Perform Duty ISR manager role to validate a suspected major incident with the service line owner, user or site reported and validate it as major incident/standard incident.
- Deploying and directing resources during the Major Incident to ensure all appropriate resources are engaged and that restoration efforts are properly prioritized.
- Craft business appropriate communications for the affected users that includes Senior stakeholders & management
- Leading Daily Major Incident conference call with the appropriate technical stakeholders, senior management & vendors.
- Managing and co-ordinating the response to the Major Incident through to a confirmed resolution.
- Co-ordinating planning activities during a Major Incident.
- Leading progress reviews throughout the Major Incident.
- Ensure all actions are documented while conducting authorized activities
- Monitor incident, problem and event management applications and interfaces as required
- Liaising with Major Incident Managers/ Incident Management Teams/Service Manager within vendors.
- Co-ordinating management and vendors escalation activities.
- Deciding whether a Major Incident needs to be passed to another team at the end of their working day as per the handover guidelines.
- Confirming that a Major Incident has been resolved & craft business appropriate communications for the affected users to inform them about resolution.
- Preparing MI review report and participating in the MI reviews.
- Continually evaluate lower priority incidents for business critical services to determine if they need to be raised to a higher priority.
- Enforce quality of service guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services, and overall customer satisfaction
- To prepare, agree, implement and manage interfaces with other processes, such as change management, problem management, event management etc.
- Support senior analysts in incident management. Ensure proper trainings and KT is provided to the senior analysts for handling major incidents.
- Highlight gaps in the process and work with process owner towards process improvement and maturity.
- Work as first escalation point for major incident management team
- Responsible for driving CSI projects in major incident management process.
- Continual Service Improvement and Service Reporting
- Monitor service delivered by the team for all Customers being served
- Reporting metrics for the MI Management process, and working with the ISR Sr. Manager to identify improvement opportunities
- Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Incident and Service Request Management process
- Ensuring adherence to the process
- Trend analysis reports produced.
- Action plans monitored to ensure continuous service and process improvement
Process Compliance and Monitoring :
- Ensure process compliance and monitoring on Major Incidents as per standards.
- Monitoring of all Major Incidents for process compliance and follow-up with resolving groups & vendors.
- Trending analysis on quality monitoring for Major Incidents
- Process compliance with resolving groups, vendors and Global Service Desk
Skills and Knowledge :
- Experience in end to end management of Major Incidents at an organisation level
- Experience of Incident Management guidelines as per ITIL, interacting with 3rd party vendors/service delivery managers
- An understanding of Severity Matrix, Service Level Agreements, Support matrixes & Escalation matrixes
- Ability to lead and coordinate a large group of technical team members during high priority incidents and retain control of fast-paced conference calls
- Must be confident presenting and updating senior business and IT senior stakeholders.
- Through knowledge of other service management (ITIL) disciplines (Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management)
- Experience in analysis & reporting of major incidents for identifying process gaps and resolution of assignment disputes.
- Interacts extensively and builds relationships with internal teams and customers at all levels
- Capable of understanding and communicating technical issues with resolving groups/ non-technical colleagues. Immediately responsible for maintaining agreed service levels.
- Handling multiple vendor and complex major incidents.
- Experience of identifying and running improvement projects in Incident management.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Application Evaluation and Interview
- Experience 6 to 8 years experience working in IT with at least 5 years experience working in the Incident Management field specifically on Major Incidents with in a large global environment Application, evaluations, interview
Qualifications : University Graduate/B.Tech
- ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
- Technical certifications & Project management qualification
- ITIL Practitioner Support and Restore/ Operational Support
- Application, evaluations, interview