Bluecore - Data Insights Analyst (2-4 yrs)
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in A.I.-based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands (with 25% of the top 50 Internet Retailers), including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the 37th annual Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies.
Bluecore's Data Insights and Strategy team have two key focuses - First to deliver custom deep dive analysis to our largest enterprise clients, and second to productize and scale the most relevant insights so that they can be delivered to hundreds of clients.
As an Insights Analyst on the team, your job would be to mine, explore, and analyze terabytes of behavioral data and digital marketing engagement data from across 300+ retail brands to discover and deliver insights and strategy for our clients.
- We are looking for a highly motivated data analyst with a strong technical background and a knack for interpreting and communicating the why behind data and its application to business.
- We are looking for candidates who enjoys and appreciates creative thinking, relentlessly digging into data, and turning the results into clearly communicated and compelling strategies.
- You'll be working closely with the other analysts and strategists on the Insights team, as well as Bluecore's customer success and sales teams to deliver insights to our clients.
- You will be responsible for discovering, solving, and communicating the business problems that our brands face and working with our engineering teams to create automated solutions.
1. Build, maintain and improve custom models that help our clients solve specific retail marketing goals such as getting buyers to buy in a new category.
2. Design and build KPI reports and visualizations in Excel, Jupyter Notebooks, and Looker to help make our teams and clients successful.
3. Work with the analysts and strategists to help form strategies based on our insights to help our clients reach their business goals.
4. Track and monitor the performance of our strategy recommendations. Provide recommendations for optimizations.
5. Work with internal customer success and data science team to discover the challenges faced by our clients.
6. Work with engineers to generalize and automate analysis developed on Jupyter Notebooks, Excel, and Looker using tools such as Pandas, Airflow, Google BigQuery, Data Studio, Tableau and CloudSQL.
1. Bachelor's degree in analytical fields such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics preferred.
2. 2+ years experience in business analysis, consulting, data analysis or other similarly analytical roles, preferably related with large datasets.
3. Retail e-commerce analytics experience is a plus.
4. Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, rapidly changing environment.
5. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
6. Excellent communication skills for cross-team collaboration.
7. Knowledge of statistics a plus.