Blackrock - Full Stack Java Developer - OOPS/Data Structure/Algorithm (1-4 yrs)
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com |
Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com |
LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Job Description :
- BlackRock's Digital Wealth organization is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. Digital Wealth consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams -- with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
- This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving, and troubleshooting skills, and an enthusiasm for learning. This role also offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue to enhance and maintain the existing and next-generation applications.
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust software applications and services with high-quality standards.
- Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint.
- Performing code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
Desired Skills :
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python, and/or a JVM based language
- Some experience (could academic) with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the portfolio management space
- BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer- M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law