Blackrock - Full Stack Java Developer - J2EE/Spring (5-8 yrs)
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to solve some of the world's most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for senior application engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock's Aladdin Product Services Engineering Team (APSE) is seeking a dynamic, passionate and Full Stack Software Developer for our team in Mumbai, India. You will be responsible to develop tools that not only empower our users, but also modernize the client support experience. You will help harden software and processes into mature, "must-work- products.
We are a team of full-stack engineers who are very invested in delivering a high-quality experience to our clients. We are not only a part of history but we are making history.
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience in the relevant (similar) industry
- Extensive use of APIs and understanding of HTTP and REST/SOAP architecture
- Unix/Linux development environments and writing complex SQL, stored procedures in PL-SQL/MySQL/MS SQL and/or Sybase is a requirement
- Working knowledge of test-driven development, JUnit, Mockito, EasyMock (or similar)
- Performing code reviews, identifying bottlenecks and improving coding standards.
- Mentoring and developing team members and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with taking ownership of issues independently
Comfortable to work in 2 PM - 11 PM shift.
Desirable skills -
- Scala and/or Python and Big Data applications such as Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Solr and NoSQL databases along with experience with web based mobile applications iOS/Android.
- Using virtual machines, container technology and Kubernetes, cloud environment and bare metal servers
- A strong communicator with a real passion for coding
- An excellent teammate who loves problem-solving and can thrive in an intellectually challenging environment and adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals.
- BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law
- BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
- BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.