Blackhawk Network - Staff Data Engineer - Hadoop/Spark (8-12 yrs)
Job Description :
About Blackhawk Network :
- Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners- business objectives.
- We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue.
- With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Blackhawk Network is setting up a Global Center of Excellence in India for R&D to lead product delivery and innovation on Blackhawk's next generation SaaS based payments platform.
- Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments
Responsibilities : Lead large data projects independently from start to launch from data acquisition to analysis
- Independently Develop, Construct, test and maintain data architecture (Databases and large scale processing systems)
- Validate data architecture to business requirements
- Discover, construct and test data acquisition pipelines
- Employ a variety of data acquisition and processing tools to build data pipelines
- Leverage and process large volumes of data from internal and external sources to answer key business questions
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Build systems that will analyze and detect data patterns
- Explore and examine data to find hidden patterns
- Detect, Monitor and alert on data patterns in real time
- Construct storyboards and visual dashboards for quantitative business analysis
- 5 years of experience in data processing tools - hadoop, - spark, python, pig.
- 8 years of experience in data engineering, modelling with large scale data processing environments
- Prior experience in implementing a large scale data lake
- 3-5 years of experience with Amazon or google data processing technologies
- Experience with ETL, reporting and analytical tools
- 8+ years of data warehousing and data mining experience
- Build learning systems
- Implement and optimize machine learning models recommended by Data scientists
- Prepare data sets for use in modelling