Blackhawk Network - Senior Java Engineer - Distributed Systems (5-8 yrs)
About Blackhawk Network :
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide.
Blackhawk Network is setting up a Global Center of Excellence in India for R&D to lead product delivery and innovation on Blackhawk's next generation SaaS based payments platform. Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments
- Write solid code that can scale
- Independently perform all phases of software engineering including design, development, testing, and deployment in an Agile software development environment
- Design and develop next generation SaaS based financial services platform
- Design and develop cloud based transaction-processing solutions using traditional and emerging technologies.
- Develop products that perform, scale, are highly available and fault tolerant with automated fail over capabilities.
- Participate in standard scrum process including daily stand-up meetings, iteration planning, story grooming, etc.
- Contribute novel ideas and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver and improve Blackhawk systems.
- Interface with and influence product architects, product owners, and other stakeholders to create great technical requirements and evaluate solutions (inhouse or vendor).
- 3+ years of solid programming experience with distributed systems and algorithms
- 2+ years of hands on development and design experience on payment transaction processing.
- Strong knowledge in service-oriented architecture - specifically REST services
- Ability to differentiate good and bad, design and coding practices
- Experience reviewing code, mentoring team members, and driving great development practices.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including RDS and EC2
- Ability to assimilate and organize large volumes of disparate, minute detail, and assemble a big picture view.
- Able to work autonomously
- Experience in delivering projects with Agile, Scrum