Bizongo - Head - Product Design - UI/UX (8-12 yrs)
Designation: Head of Product Design (UI/UX)
Experience: 8+ years
Location - Mumbai
About the Product Design team and the role -
The Product Design team is part of Bizongo Engineering organization and works very closely with the Product Management team. The Product Design team is responsible for designing systems that underpin all our products, as well as the specific screens and workflows that make up a product's user experience.
Our products cater to varied business users ranging from brand managers, procurement managers in large FMCG/Pharma/E-Com companies to operations managers at packaging manufacturers to account managers at design agencies to internal Bizongo business teams like Fulfilment, Supply Chain and Finance.
- As the head of the team that works on the most visible part of Bizongo user experience, we are looking for a very experienced leader who will have the chance to grow an already well-functioning and highly-skilled group of designers both in terms of size and capabilities.
- We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you will get a chance to both deploy your hard-earned experience and stretch your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
What you'll do :
- Work with Bizongo leadership to determine design direction and shape the vision for the user experience of Bizongo products
- Recruit, build, lead, grow, and retain a team of fantastic Product Designers
- Contribute to building out practices, rituals and culture within our Design organization
- Contribute to strategic planning cycles for the Design team and company at large
- Lead discovery and exploration of new strategic opportunities within the product suite and collaborate across business teams to ensure a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Provide insight, guidance and mentorship to your team and collaborate across the company in building delightful experiences for our users.
- Inspire your team to do the best work of their career, to get their product direction and user experience right while aligning them with the strategic business vision.
- Apply your deep understanding of studying user intent and behaviour to ensure your team does the right user research and shares back insight into the broader organization
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to manage projects-
What you'll bring :
- 8+ years of experience leading design teams that have delivered world-class products in Consumer internet or Enterprise SaaS Space. Experience at high profile Start-ups is a plus.
- Demonstrable successes in both launching and scaling products as a strategic partner
- A passion for design and design tools
- You- re an excellent communicator. You help your team to communicate clearly and distinctly, both verbally and in writing, to peers and business stakeholders
- You have a track record of developing your people in terms of skills and careers . You excel at motivating and inspiring people to do their best work-
- You are user and data focused on a solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality and doing risky, but interesting work-
- You have experience with an affinity for highly complex product architectures-
Why work with us?
- Opportunity to work with India's leading B2B E-commerce venture. The company grew its revenue by more than 12x last year to reach a 200 Cr annual revenue run rate scale. We invite you to be part of the upcoming growth story of the B2B sector through Bizongo.
- Opportunity to work with most dynamic individuals in Asia recognised under Forbes 30 Under 30 and industry stalwarts from across companies like Microsoft, Paypal, Gravitas, Parksons, ITC, Snapdeal, FedEx, Deloitte and HUL.
Working in Bizongo translates into being a part of a dynamic start-up with some of the most enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people in a fast-paced and electrifying environment.
- Bizongo has been awarded as the most Disruptive Procurement Startup of the year - 2017.
- This year, Bizongo was awarded the highly prestigious & internationally acclaimed The DieLine Award' under the Sustainable Packaging category.
- Being a company that is expanding itself every day and working towards exploring newer avenues in the market, every employee grows with the company.
- The position provides a chance to build on existing talents, learn new skills and gain valuable experience in the field of E-commerce.
About the Company :
Company Website : https://www.bizongo.com
Any solution worth anything is unfailingly preceded by a clear articulation of a problem worth solving. Even a modest study of Indian Packaging industry would lead someone to observe the enormous fragmentation, chaos and rampant unreliability pervading the ecosystem. When businesses are unable to cope even with these basic challenges, how can they even think of materializing an eco-friendly & resource-efficient packaging economy? These are some hardcore problems with real-world consequences which our country is hard-pressed to solve.
Bizongo was conceived as an answer to these first level challenges of disorganization in the industry. We employed technology to build a business model that can streamline the packaging value-chain & has enormous potential to scale sustainably. Our potential to fill this vacuum was recognized early on by Accel Partners and IDG Ventures who jointly led our Series A funding. Most recently, B Capital Group, a global tech fund led by Facebook co-founder Mr Eduardo Savarin, invested in our technological capabilities when it jointly led our Series B funding with IFC.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private-sector investment arm of the World Bank, cited our positive ecosystem impact towards the network of 30,000 SMEs operating in the packaging industry, as one of the core reasons for their investment decision. Beyond these bastions of support, we are extremely grateful to have found validation by various authoritative institutions including Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia.
Being the only major B2B player in the country with such an unprecedented model has lent us the enormous scope of experimentation in our efforts to break new grounds. Dreaming and learning together thus, we have grown from a team of 3, founded in 2015, to a 250+ strong family with office presence across Mumbai, Gurgaon and Bengaluru. So those who strive for opportunities to rise above their own limitations, who seek to build an ecosystem of positive change and to find remarkable solutions to challenges where none existed before, such creators would find a welcome abode in Bizongo.