Manager at Maxonic
Views:4109 Applications:785 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:185
Big Data Engineer I - Splunk/Java/Hadoop/SQL - IIT/NIT (0-2 yrs)
Freshers are encouraged to apply!
Job Title : Big Data Engineer I
Job Description :
Maxonic, a growing big data firm based out of the SF Bay Area, is looking for an energetic and committed individual with a passion to learn new tools and technologies for its India office. This is an unparalleled, high impact opportunity to help gain critical and high demand skills while helping to drive Maxonic forward.
Dive into the deep end of the Big Data pool, don- t just dip your toes in. Become an expert with the leading and the latest big data technology platforms. Help clients turn terabytes of raw data into critical business insights.
This role would be based out of Bangalore, India.
- Design, develop and implement new predictive analytics algorithms and software products on both streaming and batch data.
- Learn and develop using the latest and greatest open source and enterprise level big data technologies and platforms.
- Project scoping, analysis, installation, testing and support of various big data platforms.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably in computer science from a reputed university such as IIT/NIT
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hyperbolic passion for the latest technologies and how they can help clients use them to derive real value.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and performance analysis skills.
Technical Qualifications :
The following skills are valued, but not essential :
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages : Java, Python
- Knowledge of security fundamentals is a plus.
- Understanding of Hadoop internals, Pig, Hive, and HBase as well as knowledge of SQL & No-SQL databases.
- Experience with UNIX and Windows to the level at which you feel comfortable on the command line interface;
- Familiarity with networking concepts/security standards a plus.
- Familiarity with Splunk a plus.