BI Analyst - Tableau Server Management (2-6 yrs)
Company : Media Analytic company.
Experience : 2 to 6 Years.
Position Title : BI Analyst
Job Location : Bangalore
THE ROLE :
MiQ is looking for a BI Analyst to work in their BI team. Our team is constantly improving our BI tools back-end and front-end and this role will play a key part in this effort.
- In addition, this role will lead customer centric business analysis taking advantage of big data and support the business with weekly and quarterly analyses.
- The right candidate will have data analysis expertise and be hands-on with big data and take a data driven approach to solving complex problems.
- The team reporting to this role will support the Campaign and Sales teams as well as enterprise in preparing dashboards and reports.
- The role will report to the Product manager - BI. To succeed in this newly created role you will work closely with your BI peers and mentors.
- Your key stakeholders will include the Heads of various analysis teams (campaign, sales/marketing and enterprise) in BLR, and the product team.
- You will be supported by your peers and experts across many fields who will help you succeed.
Job Responsibilitites :
Your main responsibilities will include :
- Maintain and improve BI tool, reports and dashboards
- Support business with time-critical tactical data analyses
- Collaborate with peers to improve the teams reporting toolset and insights.
- Learn and understand a broad range of MiQ's data resources and know how, when and which data sources to use
- Deep dive into massive data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, HQL, excel, Tableau and other data manipulation languages
- Conceptualize and create dashboards
- Develop and maintain advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using Tableau
- Ability to proactively produce stories using compelling visuals
Required Experience :
- Tableau 10 or earlier hands on experience for 3 years+
- Expertise in Tableau report development and deployment
- Working with multiple Data sources and blending it into one dashboard
- Perform data profiling to understand data domains, validation rules and data dependencies
- Validate all data flows and availability according to business requirements
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features and capabilities and how that is implemented for business solutions
- Develop Tableau reports that provide clear visualizations of specific data as required by the Customer.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Experience with creating action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau preferred.
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, joins, data blending, dashboard actions preferred and performance optimization
- Strong background in Data warehousing, BI reporting, and SQL
- Exposure in Java/Html will be a plus.
- Good communication (written & verbal English) skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good Experience in Tableau Projects (involved in the complete lifecycle requirement gathering, data modelling scripting, developing and testing dashboards using Tableau, and advanced data visualization)
- Interact with project team members to understand timelines, responsibilities and deliverables
- Capable of doing Tableau Server Management (like Clustering, Load Balancing, User Management)
- Added advantage : Experience in Tableau administration
Required Skills :
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workloads.
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication & data presentation skills, including ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.