Bewakoof.com - Software Engineer - Backend Development - Ruby on Rails (2-5 yrs)
Bewakoof.com is looking for a Backend Developer who is a highly collaborative and works with frontend developers, data scientists, system engineers, and other technical experts in developing and implementing solutions. He/she should provide resolution for consumer-facing elements through server side logic. He also works closely with the senior backend development team in impact assessment and decision-making in relation to technology choices and strategy implementations.
About Bewakoof :
Founded 7 years ago, Bewakoof is one of the largest Youth Fashion Brands in India. Started by 2 IIT Bombay alumni, it's one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the country. The company has a revenue run-rate of 250crs, growing more than 100% Y-O-Y, and has managed to be the sole profitable player in the online shopping space in India.
Serving 30,000 products daily, Bewakoof has sold over 1crore products till date, with a team-strength of 250 employees and a 1000-people workforce across manufacturing and warehousing. We plan to grow 10x in the next 4 years with a vision to create India's largest Youth Fashion Brand, and this is your chance to be a part of our exciting journey!
Tech at Bewakoof :
Bewakoof has a platform-centered sales approach, with all its focus on building a high-performance website, and Android and iOS apps. This has resulted in a conversion number that rises up to 12% on a user base of 4 million monthly active users. The Bewakoof Android and iOS apps have a rating of 4.75 on the Play Store App Store respectively. Come be part of building the industry's highest performing product.
Must have :
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in Ruby on Rails
- Strong in problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent experience on databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Familiarity with tools for code-reviews, version control (GIT)
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
Nice to have :
- Hands-on with search platforms (SOLR, Elasticsearch etc.)
- Experience in application servers hosting and monitoring
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests