Direct Recruiter at Barclays
Views:104 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Barclays - Technical Project Manager - Java (10-15 yrs)
As part of the Universal Agent change program, Technical delivery manager will be delivering one of the technical projects across loans, cards, current account, mortgages and other technical streams. Working closely with program manager, various platform and support teams to ensure business outcome is achieved.
What will you be doing :
- Establish an Agile delivery model for the team, and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-ups, show & tells, retrospectives, and other ceremonies aligning to Barclays change management / BTB standards
- To lead multiple component teams in the delivery of software releases for one or more applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle through the use of internal & 3rd party resources.
- Overcome obstacles for the development team to ensure they can deliver with maximum velocity
- Engage with project managers, programme managers, and other stakeholders to ensure transparency into the status of delivery
- Work with project managers to produce financial forecasts and manage within a budget (but this is primarily a delivery-focused rather than financial role) aligning to Barclays governance strategy
- Plan implementation, validation, post-release monitoring, and so on to ensure successful launches with minimal risk
- Collaborate with other teams with responsibility for systems of record, UI components, etc to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
- Utilize a DevOps pipeline to optimize our build quality and time-to-market
What we're looking for :
- Strong technical knowledge evidenced through prior experience as an engineer or technical delivery manager or solution architect
- Strong Experience on any Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Development background using in web-based technologies, such as Java,
- Exposure to micro service architecture is preferred
- Experience developing REST APIs and knowledge of relevant design patterns
Skills that will help you in the role :
- Capable of technical deep-dives into test scenarios, automation framework, Roll-up the sleeves attitude, bringing innovative solutions to the table
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts, business requirements, and Familiarity with a corporate environment and comfortable working within regulatory controls delivery challenges with clarity
- Experience of Agile and related tools like Jira, TDD, Test automation etc.
Be More at Barclays :
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. - Be More @ Barclays- represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances.
Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.