Backend Software Engineer - Python/ELK Stack (3-8 yrs)
About the Company :
- The client is building a cloud automation platform product for companies operating SaaS in a public cloud. They're based out of California, US and have another office in Bangalore, India.
- They have three founders who come from multiple decades of working in the area of infrastructure in enterprise and consumer companies.
- They were recently seed-funded and are now looking to build their founding team. We are three founders (see below for our LinkedIn profiles) who come from multiple decades of serverless and NoSQL databases on the public cloud.
- They're Looking for backend engineers who are passionate about building scalable infrastructure platforms using Python, Serverless and NoSQL databases on a public cloud.
Job Overview :
- They're looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join their Engineering team to develop the MVP of their first product.
- They're looking for someone who is a hands-on developer with rich experience in building backend services for Web applications.
- Ideally, this person should have experience in enterprise application development, Web services frameworks, and REST APIs.
- They must be competent in working in an agile environment with little supervision.
- Be able to understand given functional requirements and service design specifications.
- Develop one or more backend services or API Gateway for our Web application platform.
- Design and develop necessary tests and test-automation suites.
- Follow software development methodologies in an agile environment.
- Follow design principles and best practices to ensure software performance and scalability.
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of the developed products and platforms.
- Debug and fix problems identified in testing or reported from the field.
- Follow directions from the project manager, give status updates, and provide feedback.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve the quality of the solutions and apply best practices as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science or related fields.
- 3-5 years of experience in backend enterprise application development.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience in Scrum/Agile development methods and project management tools like Jira.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with the following software/tools is desired:
- Proficient in one or more modern programming languages, like Python, Go, Java, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing databases supporting a backend service.
- Experience with building and testing application services with REST APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD automation frameworks like Jenkins.
- Experience in using code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with deploying and running applications in cloud environments such as AWS.
- Familiarity with the following technologies is strongly preferred:
- Experience with building and running applications as microservices in Docker containers.
- Experience using cluster orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes.
- Experience using monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Prometheus, Datadog, or ELK stack.
- Experience building serverless applications using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, or certain serverless frameworks.
- DevOps experience in managing and supporting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications using cloud provider APIs or CLIs.
Tech stack : Python, Serverless, AWS Lambda, NoSQL, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Terraform