Backend Engineer - Python/Django - Series C Funded Startup (3-8 yrs)
Backend Engineer - Python/Django - Series C Funded Startup
The employer is a dockless scooter rental company which lets customers rent scooters for short one-way trips. The employer is changing the lives of people in Bangalore and Hyderabad by developing the fastest way to commute in these cities. They are expanding & growing as fast as OLA/UBER did back in the days.
They recently raised a series C round of $100M. They are backed by very renowned investors.
What your role would be :
An employer is looking for a backend developer who has expertise in building a highly scalable system.
Your responsibilities would be :
1. Design and build a modular and flexible system, with future considerations in place.
2. Break down complex problems into isolated pieces and provide solutions to develop and integrate them.
3. Deliver reliable solutions that handle massive data and high traffic.
4. Work on cloud-based architectures that are highly scalable, available, and performant.
5. Ownership for designing, development and testing of individual components.
6. Highly efficient in debugging code in case documentation is not provided.
7. Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize distributed systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs.
8. Collaborate and even moderate team members to improve the efficiency of the team significantly.
9. Providing technical vision to the junior developers and mentoring them.
10. Ability to work independently with other cross-functional teams.
Desired Skills :
- Highly proficient in Data Structures and Algorithms.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in backend development.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Java.
- Hands-on with service-oriented architecture, building and deploying services
- Knowledge in Python and Django framework would be preferred.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like Git, Mercury etc
- Experience with micro services architecture would be a plus.