Backend Developer - Java/Ruby on Rails (1-12 yrs)
As a SDE, you will be responsible for building new features for the platform and the front-end. You will be dealing with multiple sub-systems, and web services.
- We are looking for talented developers who can learn new things quickly and contribute at all layers of a web product. If fast paced fun environments and complete ownership of web products excites you, you'll be at home.
As a software developer you will :
- Design, implement and enhance new components of the design platform and content management platform
- Design new features for the e-commerce properties and front-end products and mobile apps
- Maintain engineering infrastructure
- Have significant impact on current and future technology roadmap
- Complete ownership of Service/Services that your team is responsible for
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development of best practices
- Own large technical deliverables and execute in an exemplary way
- Be able to conceptualize and develop prototype quickly
- Contribute creatively in strategic products that will reach large audience
- Build a web product that users love.
Who you are :
- Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages : Java, PHP, Python NodeJS any objected oriented high level proprietary or open source language with strong programming constructs.
- Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
- Strong object oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to complex problems.
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- You earned B.Tech or equivalent degree in computer science or related engineering field
- You can learn new technologies quickly
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You have prior ownership of the delivery of an entire feature/subsystem
- You are from Tier 1 engineering college
You know your way around these :
- Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Object oriented programming with Java/Python/Ruby
- HTTP and REST web services
- Data structures and algorithm design
- 3D Visualisation
Your Array (Nice to Have) :
- Good sense of system characterization and identification of technical requirements
- Good learnability and adopt technologies that help build large scale, performant, reliable and sustainable systems.
- Architectural & Design Choices, Deep knowledge on one or more tech stacks, identify alternative tech choices and trade-offs
- Strong problem Solving skills, Identify feasible alternatives and freeze on the optimal choice of data structures and advanced algorithms
- Ability to work in fuzzy environments and complex environments
- Able to take high ownership of complex system components and drive it to the next level
- Good exposure both with tech breadth and tech depth