Backend Developer - Java/Python (3-6 yrs)
About the Company :
On a hyperscale journey, having grown at a 15x in the past few months, the company is India's largest scooter-sharing platform. They are providing the cheapest option for short distance commute. The company is backed by some of India's marquee investors and have raised $100m in December 2018. The founding team are alumni of IIM Ahmedabad, ESSEC Paris and IIT Bombay with deep experience across business strategy, operations and technology at consumer internet giants like Flipkart, Lazada and Amazon.
What you will do :
- Design and build a modular and flexible system, with future considerations in place.
- Break down complex problems into isolated pieces and provide solutions to develop and integrate them.
- Deliver reliable solutions that handle massive data and high traffic.
- Work on cloud-based architectures that are highly scalable, available, and performant.
- Ownership for designing, development, and testing of individual components.
- Highly efficient in debugging code in case documentation is not provided.
- Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize distributed systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs.
- Collaborate and even moderate team members to improve the efficiency of the team significantly.
- Providing technical vision to the junior developers and mentoring them.
- Ability to work independently with other cross-functional teams.
Requisite skill set :
- Highly proficient in Data Structures and Algorithms.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in backend development.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Java.
- Hands-on with service-oriented architecture, building and deploying services.
- Knowledge in Python and Django framework would be preferred.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like Git, Mercury etc.
- Experience with microservices architecture would be a plus.