Azcom Technology - Senior Software Engineer - Protocol Stack Development - C/C++ (2-6 yrs)
Job Description for Senior Software Engineer - Protocol Stack Development
Azcom Technology (www.azcom.in), a global leader in advanced wireless communications, with more than two decades of experience, owns complete suite of software IPRs and hardware platforms to build and deploy commercial and special purpose solutions for cellular communications, automotive, aerospace, home automation and mobile applications. In wireless, Azcom specializes in 5G, LTE/HSPA+ C-RAN and Small Cell solutions.
Azcom is headquartered in Milan, Italy and has India design Center at Gurgaon. Gurgaon is company's growth center and is responsible for software development, integration, test, delivery and customer support.
The LTE and 5G software teams at Gurgaon owns the PHY software, higher layer protocol stack, OAM and UI/UX development and support. The teams are engaged in development and optimization of advanced features in LTE software stack for higher performance and robustness. Azcom also provides expert design services to global customers for small cell solutions, eMTC and NBIoT.
As part of our expansion plan for Gurgaon Development Center, we are hiring talented, passionate and driven software developers, architects and project managers who can take us to the next level of product development capability and business success.
Senior Software Engineer - Protocol Stack Development
Summary : As part of the 4G/5G protocol stack team, you will be responsible for developing new features for eNodeB and core network, analyse and correct issues reported by internal QA and customers; mentor junior members of the team; and, as an individual contributor, participate in all phases of SDLC and devise innovative solutions to technical problems.
Expectations from the Role :
- As an individual contributor, participate in all phases of SDLC in a product development environment and own a feature fully or in part
- Design, develop, unit-test, and integrate PHY/MAC and higher layer embedded software in a multi-threaded environment
- Provide support to customer-engineering teams and end customers.
- Solid grip on software engineering principles and relevant technical domain, e.g. 4G and 5G
- Write highly optimized code while adhering to design and coding best practices and applicable standards
- Root cause analysis
Minimum Academic Qualification: B. Tech. in CS/CSE/ECE from reputed college/university.
Relevant Experience: 2-6 years
Job Location: Gurugram
Domain Expertise Required
- Proficient in development of one or more layers of LTE software stack
- Strong in layer 2 protocols e.g. RLC/MAC/PDCP
- Knowledge of MAC procedures
- Strong in C/C++, Algorithms, Data Structures, OS, Design Pattern and Networking
- Work experience on platforms for 4G/5G products e.g. TI, Cavium, Freescale, Intel SoCs
- Exposed to IPC, multicore SoCs and multithreading
- Should have worked on any of the version management software e.g. CVS/SVN/ClearCase
Soft Skills Required
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Should be able to work as part of a project team or as an individual contributor
- Experience of working in a product development environment
- Excellent problem solving ability