COO's Programs Chief at Axiom International
Views:161 Applications:40 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
AxiomInt - Software Product Manager - IT Projects (10-20 yrs)
We are looking for a Software Product Manager. This is a full time remote contractor position. You need to meet these qualifications :
- Perfect, native-level written and spoken English.
- Strong IT background (Computer Science Bachelor's Degree or equivalent)
- Strong product/project management experience is a must (10+ years of experience)
- Past P&L responsibility with General Manager type management over software deveopment
- Strong Experience managing programmers
- Strong Programming experience is a big plus. (Although the Executive Software Product Manager will not be coding himself, he will need to check his programmer's code and bypass a programmer when needed.)
- Experience with Databases is a plus
- Experience with CAD products is a plus
- Friendly, gregarious, likable. For demos.
- Critical. For software QA
- Candidates are expected to carry through the complete software development life cycle of a brand new software product from an idea/spec to a formal release.
- Candidates are expected to uncover the root causes of problems and to determine (sometimes with help from the customer, other staff and other resources) the optimum solutions to those problems.
- Candidate needs to be very well organized. He'll be running multiple very small teams and often prioritizing the tasks of one programmer who is the entire development staff on multiple projects.
- Candidate needs to have strong documentation skills. No friction on documenting things. This includes the products- user's guides, bug reports, improvement ideas and hat write-ups.
- Candidates are also expected to write promotional articles on their products.
- Candidate needs to be the type who is constantly looking to improve himself and the organization.
- This means constant improvement of products, operations, approach, and questioning past assumptions and solutions.
- Candidate should have a hunger for new, proven ideas from any source available and the ideal candidate will likely be an avid reader of industry (IT, BIM/CAD, software) books and other publications.
Job Type : Contract