HR Recruiter at Augray
Views:421 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Augray - Android Developer - Java/SDK (1-3 yrs)
Acting as Junior to Mid-level Android developer. Depending on the skills set can be lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the other
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardizing the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimizing performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Attend industry events/ conference - both attending and presenting.
Required skills :
- Familiarity with OpenGL ES API
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME).
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Experience with Android SDK Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system Familiar with Eclipse
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as touch
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience of development using web technologies
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs
- Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
- Using version control (e.g. SVN)
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.