AT&T - Walkin - System Administrator L2/L3 - Linux/Ubuntu (5-10 yrs)
ATTENTION : JOIN OUR HIRING EVENT ON 10th August 2019!!!
Learn more about this role, our company, and get a head start on the selection process.
10am-11am Event registration
11am-11:30am Introduction to Xandr, AT&T, and available technology roles
12pm-2:30pm Skill assessment(TEST)
AT&T Communication Services India Pvt Ltd
6th Floor, Wing B, Salarpuria Softzone, Outer Ring Rd, Bellandur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560103
Bring a copy of your resume and proof of identification.
About the Job :
- The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment.
- A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
- Are you one of the candidates that can join our technology center of excellence, become embedded in a global team and deliver results for our customer? We have an opportunity in our System Operations team.
- The Systems Operations team at Xandr is responsible for supporting all production operations work for the company. The team is responsible for supporting thousands of servers across all the datacenters.
- We are also responsible for a number of infrastructure services like DNS, DHCP, NTP as well supporting applications such as Kubernetes, Puppet, Artifactory and many more. We are a passionate team that enjoys are work and is always looking for ways to innovate and incorporate the latest technology solutions into our work culture.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Engineer system administration-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Manage servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support :
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide 24/7 troubleshooting and support for a global business
- Review regular security reports to identify any possible violations.
- Have an understanding of LDAP and Active directory as well as operation of tools related to them
- Provide support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Create new procedures for the team and focus on updating existing documentation for the team.
- Ability to engage other teams during outages or planned maintenance.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational runbooks, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU parameters, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Provide support for datacenter maintenance and operations as needed.
Key Competencies and Skills :
- 5+ years of Linux experience in supporting Debian-based distributions such as Ubuntu
- 5+ years of supporting Linux in a distributed systems environment
- 3+ years of administering monitoring tools such as Nagios, Sensu, and Opsgenie
- 3+ years writing scalable tools using scripting languages Python, Perl, and Shell.
- 2+ years familiarity with Kubernetes and containers.
- 2+ years experience with AWS platform.
- 2+ years in configuration management using Puppet.
- 2+ years of building Debian packages from source, including creation of control and Make files.
- 2+ years of troubleshooting using tools such as tcpdump, wireshark and syslog.
- 2+ years of experience administering metrics aggregation tools such as graphite, ganglia, cacti
- In depth understanding of DNS and Networking concepts
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Stash.
- Familiarity with configuring NGINX and Kerberos.
- Familiarity with log management tool such as Splunk or SumoLogic is preferred.
- Familiarity with the JIRA tracking system
- Understanding of different web services and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience supporting RedHat-based distributions such as CentOS and RHEL is a plus
- The role will have 24- 7 shifts