AT&T - Walkin - Database Administrator - MySQL/PostgreSQL (3-8 yrs)
JOIN OUR HIRING EVENT ON 10th AUGUST !!!
Learn more about this role, our company, and get a head start on the selection process.
10am-11am Event registration
11am-11:30am Introduction to Xandr, AT&T, and available technology roles
12pm-2:30pm Skill assessment(TEST)
AT&T Communication Services India Pvt Ltd
6th Floor, Wing B, Salarpuria Softzone, Outer Ring Rd, Bellandur, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560103
Bring a copy of your resume and proof of identification.
About the Job:
The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
Are you one of the candidates that can join our technology center of excellence, become embedded in a global team and deliver results for our customer? We have an opportunity in our Database Operation team.
The Data Operations team manages RDBMS and Big Data systems on thousands of servers across six global data centers. The team is responsible for support, upgrades, troubleshooting, performance tuning, maintenance and automation. We're technologists who love to tinker and innovate with technology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring performance, security, and availability of databases
- Performing database procedures, such as upgrades, backup, recovery and migrations with zero/minimum downtime
- Administering user access privileges
- Performing database backups and restores
- Deploying database DDL changes
- Tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests within SLA
- Communicating with international team members and stakeholders
- Launching of database instances
- Performing configuration changes on database systems
- Escalating production issues to senior DBA members
- Preparing documentation for standard operating procedures
- Following standard processes for change control, incidents and maintenance
- Effective with time management and ability to manage priority tasks and requests
- Providing production support with rotational shifts and participating in oncall rotation
- The role will have 24- 7 shifts
Key Competencies and Skills :
-- 3-6 years of strong experience of database administration with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- 2 years of experience with Oracle desired
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues with backup and restore operations, user access, data replication, connectivity and database performance
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization and related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience troubleshooting system issues with Linux operating systems
- 2 years of experience with scripting languages such as Unix shell, Python, Perl
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Good technical documentation skills to create standard operating procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with international teams in multiple locations
- Ability to work with multiple database technologies
Preferred Skills :
- Experience with column-oriented DBMS such as Vertica
- Experience with key-value stores such as Aerospike, Redis
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as git and puppet