Specialist at AT&T
Views:186 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
AT&T - Software Engineer - Python & Kafka (4-12 yrs)
About the Job :
AT&T is building a brand new team to support the AT&T Xandr advertising & analytics business. Leveraging the spirit of innovation that began with Alexander Graham Bell more than 140 years ago and has continued on as a part of AT&T's legacy, Xandr is uniquely positioned to move the advertising industry forward. The foundation of that will be world class technology, and we want you to be part of our journey by joining our new technical center of excellence.
This position is part of the Xandr Engineering Productivity team. Engineering Productivity works closely with other engineers, data scientists, product teams, and many others to not only increase our systems- scalability and reliability, but also enable the rapid development of new feature code for our customers.
As a software engineer, you will play an integral role in building and maintaining anomaly detection integrations, automating engineering process workflows, assisting with monitoring and instrumentation governance, design, and implementation, and much more.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Object oriented programming experience in Python
- Experience with stream-based passed processing models, distributed streaming platforms like Kafka or control theory
- Experience with SQL (MySQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL)
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Solid understanding of statistics and probability
- Experience optimizing and debugging highly performant Python applications is mandatory
- Experience developing and scaling RESTful web services
- Former work with column stores (Vertica) and NoSQL (Redis, Aerospike)
-Streaming technology :Kafka/Kubernetes experience is mandatory