Associate Architect - AWS Certified (5-12 yrs)
Job Title: Associate Architect
Reporting To: IT Development Manager
Staff Reporting: 0
SHL helps organizations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data and offer support to clients across the entire employee life cycle, engaging HR and leaders from Finance, IT, Sales and other organizational teams. As a result, we help executives improve business performance by realizing the value and potential of people. For more details please log on to www.shl.com
About Talent Central :
Talent Central is our world-class talent assessment portal that provides you with powerful insights on your people through an engaging user experience. Talent Central delivers our talent assessment data through a single, powerful access point and drives improved business performance outcomes through more efficient decision making and talent program management. For more details please log on to www.shl.com/en/talentcentral/
- Lead technology change with excellent strategic and technical thought leadership, and a strong focus on delivering premium customer experience
- Transform the technology operations to leverage the evolving technical landscape to create a world class Platform.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Project and Product Management teams for architectural, planning, implementation and testing.
- Lead a diverse team of high performing individual and partnering with strategic vendors to deliver best in class operations
- Work with key stakeholders to drive software solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic technology directions
- Cultivate an environment of engineering excellence and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing operations processes
- Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent across the organization, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
Qualifications/ Experience :
- Current AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional or Associate, Professional certifications
- 5+ years hands on in-depth experience using cloud based development platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of enterprise Java applications, Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL Server
- ReactJS, HTTP, REST, networking concepts and multi-region distributed applications and the services which power them
- Expert at applying software design patterns to ensure code is scalable, reliable, and maintainable.
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of distributed version control systems like Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Ansible
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and processes related to cloud solutions. Things like CloudFormation/Terraform and Docker/Kubernetes
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting and driving to resolution technical integration issues across various platforms
- Desire to mentor and support team members across the organization and provide ongoing knowledge transfers relating technology evolution, troubleshooting techniques, and automation.
- Continued study of emerging technologies and industry directions
- Experience in architecting and running consumer-facing applications in a hybrid and/or multi-cloud environment
- Development and implementation of automation, tools, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to decrease friction and increase productivity
- Creation of automated tooling for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes
- Experience troubleshooting complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services
- Clear and effective communication skills to articulate strategic recommendations to executive management, architects, and development partners, driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through