Director at Global HR Solutions
Views:299 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Vice President - IT Project/Program Mangement (15-30 yrs)
We are looking for a Assistant Vice President for our Direct Client in Bangalore .
McFadyen Solutions has completed more than 200 large-scale IT implementations for a prestigious client list, including dozens of the Fortune 500. Our proficiencies include eCommerce, web content management, online relationship management (B2C, B2B, B2E), and ERP integration. Our unique approach of focusing on select software partnerships allows McFadyen's consultants to immerse themselves in specific technologies, thus providing the deep expertise that can propel business forward.
McFadyen Solutions is headquartered in Vienna Virginia, with offices in Dallas Texas and Sao Paulo Brazil. We have three Offshore Development Centers located in Trivandrum, Bangalore, and Cochin India. New offices are being opened around the world.
The AVP will drive strategic account growth and be responsible for the delivery of consulting services to our customers. You should have experience working with customers in the Fortune 500 and have experience leading complex, global implementations programs. The ideal individual will be both visionary and pragmatic, and be able to work effectively in a matrixed environment. You will be responsible to lead and manage high performing teams to success and continually enhance operations, methodologies and approaches to drive profitability and customer success.
- Accountability for overseeing all project management activities including project profitability, client satisfaction, scheduling, coordination of internal and customer resources, scope control, cost accounting, staffing, technical issue resolution, reporting, change orders, and developing project work plans.
- Effectively manage customer expectations and communicate effectively with sales and development teams.
- Promptly address customer concerns and requests for assistance - handle client executive relationship management.
- Actively search for opportunities to expand our business within existing accounts.
- Lead and managing a team of highly-technical, highly-capable eCommerce Strategist, Architects and Developers from both the project and career perspectives
- Work collaboratively with Center of Excellence (CoE) leads to recognize and develop talents; identifying and filling skills gaps; helping to driving career plans within a matrixed model to help develop a dynamic and responsive team to assist customers in driving value from their investments.
- Help define and execute corporate strategy.
- Responsible for performance reviews for consultants.
- Assist in recruiting and training employees. Responsible for resource need & budget forecasting.
- Recommend best practice solutions based on past experience, research, and visionary thinking.
- Ensure high-quality on-time deliverables within budget.
- Implement and revise our project methodologies as technologies, approaches, market dynamics, and solutions evolve.
- Oversee the documentation of requirements analysis, business process analysis, design specifications, release notes, deployment guides, or custom training materials.
- Actively participate in business development including preparing technical responses with estimated project scope, costs, duration, and resource requirements in written proposals.
- Responsible for downtime project management, including in-house product development.
- Liaise with our India offshore delivery centers via regular early morning and evening videoconferences.
- Support the finance department with cost accounting and invoicing as needed.
- Provide weekly written status reports, expense reports, and other management reports (a critical requirement).
- P&L responsibility including maximizing utilization rates and gross margin.
- 5 years experience in practice/program management
- 10 years of hands-on full lifecycle IT systems development, implementation, and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication of technical and business issues is critical.
- Oral communication (customer interaction, requirements analysis, BPR, training).
- Written communication (proposals, writing project work plan, overseeing system design, project artifacts).
- Demonstrably excellent, context-specific communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations, including CxO and other executives; established habit of proactivity and ability to self-start/learn/manage across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome.
- Experience with eCommerce required; Specific experience with Oracle Commerce (ATG/Endeca) a major plus.
- Experience with related/competing technologies a plus: BroadVision, Vignette, eGrail, Documentum, iPlanet, BEA WebLogic, InterShop, Hybris, Fry, MarketLive, DemandWare, Escalate Retail / Blue Martini, AquaLogic / PlumTree, Microsoft Commerce Server, etc.
- PPM Portfolio Project Management
- Strong background in web systems integration.
- Proven management track record of high-visibility projects.
- Mastery of project tracking and reporting.
- Experience with multiple methodologies including Agile / Scrum, waterfall, Rapid Prototyping, XP, etc. and have the ability to assess what makes the most sense for each client's specific needs.
- Integrity driven to make and deliver achievable commitments.
- Management skills (resource planning, setting expectations, scheduling, mentoring, prioritizing).
- Flexibility and respect for company culture and co-workers.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.