Founder at Success Booster
Views:1587 Applications:349 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:337
Assistant Vice President - Engineering (15-25 yrs)
Position Location: Pune
Position Description: Asst. Vice President - Engineering
About our client : Our client is a leading premium video-on-demand service for emerging markets with 9 million subscribers per quarter across nine countries. Through strategic partnerships with over 270 top studios around the world, they bring to subscribers blockbuster Hollywood and regional movies, TV shows and music videos in more than 34 different languages. Their products provides unbuffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network. It is headquartered in San Jose, California and have a presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Bangkok.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Understand and help create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent Stakeholder Communication. Prior Exposure to Client facing role will be helpful.
- Proven ability to work closely with Business and Product Management.
- Hands-on experience managing multiple deliveries following Agile Process.
- Proficient in project initiation, planning, measuring and closing.
- Understand Delivery and Quality Metrics
- Expertise in App (Android or iOS) / Tablet development and related tech stack (API Management, REST, Security)
- Good understanding of Mobile UX
- Understands App Distributed architecture
- Understands App Analytics
Technology Backend :
- Expertise in both Back-End Tech Stack and its trending [Java, Micro services, cloud platform] and Front-End Stack [React JS, Angular, HTML, CSS]
- Follow DevOps best practices - develop, test, deploy & monitor.
- Use best practices for developing and executing high quality code.
- Document and deliver solutions by developing documentation, code comments and clean code.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skill
- Experience in Handling Production Issues.
- Good understanding of Support Metrics.
- Experience in talent acquisition (hiring right talent), mentoring, motivating and managing them
- Should have managed team of 10 or more.
- Active Performance Management
- Effective Internal & External Communication
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Should have overall 15+ years of Technology experience.
- Experience of Digital Assets Management System at scale to support millions of users
- Media content intelligent technology such as Machine Learning to empower the content discovery and presentation
- Understands B2C domain and Consumer Metrics
- Worked on Open Source Technology
- Good understanding of Automation Frameworks and Quality Metrics
- Evaluate and recommend tools (Build vs Buy), technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Experience working with APIs, REST and JSON.
- Experience with Agile tools - Jira/Trello, Git/BitBucket, Google Drive.
- Agile, continuous integration & delivery.
- Self-motivated, excellent analytical skills and good communication.
- Ability to learn and use skills on continuous basis.